Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help - dd keeps pooing in the bath

(9 Posts)
Alannah Wed 20-Jul-05 12:40:22

I'm at my wits end, my dd 16.5 months, keeps on poohing in the bath. Like every second time I put her in, I'm worried that she is associating bathing with poohing now. I am trying to wait until after she has gone before bathing her but that is difficult with our hectic life. Any advice please

tortoiseshell Wed 20-Jul-05 12:41:50

Could you put her in the bath as normal, then as soon as she starts to make to poo, hold her on the toilet? It's probably just a phase though.

catgirl Wed 20-Jul-05 12:42:09

my ds used to do this too - only advice is get a cheap plastic sieve so you can scoop it out easily! He did stop doing it (can't remember when) and potty trained no problem, so he had no long lasting assocation effects.

Alannah Wed 20-Jul-05 12:47:52

Oh dear, yes I think a sieve may be a good idea, thanks

Alannah Wed 20-Jul-05 12:49:22

Tortoiseshell- I'll try but the bubbles may have to stop as they are disguising most of the 'action'

tortoiseshell Wed 20-Jul-05 12:50:54

Alannah, could you put bubbles in later? We always do that anyway, wash hair with no bubble bath, then add bubble bath and have a good splash to 'make the bubbles' then blow bubbles with a bubble blower. Could be a good reward for doing poo in toilet or nappy?

Alannah Wed 20-Jul-05 12:53:31

Good idea about the bubbles

edam Wed 20-Jul-05 12:55:13

Ds went through this stage. Really gross! Lasted for a couple of months, IIRC. She'll stop doing it eventually, I guess.

gemmamay Wed 20-Jul-05 20:54:57

this is gross but my dd did a poo in the bath when i was in there too!!!!

All she could say was 'oh no' as this log came floating towards me!!!

I am embarrassed to say but 'Darling, can you help DD has pooped in the bath' was not what I yelled to DH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now