Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pooing/weeing whilst being changed, any advice?

(7 Posts)
KVG Sat 16-Jul-05 12:10:11

Message withdrawn

Catbert Sat 16-Jul-05 12:14:25

Nope. Just gotta go with it. It reminds me of the time at 11pm when I was doing the final change before bedtime, inbetween boobs (as it were) that DD2 pooed FIVE times. Each time after I had put the new nappy on. I just had to laugh really.

It's part of the "joy" (!!) of newborn babies - it will soon settle down, don't you worry.

kama Sat 16-Jul-05 12:17:04

Message withdrawn

Catbert Sat 16-Jul-05 12:17:28

Oh - I would just add a couple of things, because I don't think I was being helpful.

Take that babygro as far back as possible, and stick a muslin / terry square under her bottom before you take off the nappy and whilst you are cleaning up. At least this way, you can just catch the wee/poo to hopefully avoid the change of clothes.

Unless she is pooey - don't bother changing in the middle of the night. Those nappies hold a huge amount of wee - and when they are sleeping through, you wouldn't change in the night anyway, unless you had to. It won't do her any harm.

HTH.

KiwiKate Sun 17-Jul-05 09:16:46

Even though we use disposables, I always changed ds1 on a cloth nappy, and then loosely wrapped it around his nether regions to catch any "mid change" toilet activity. I'd leave him loosely wrapped for a minute or so to get on with whatever he needed to do. If he did something I'd do a second (or even more) loose wrap till he'd got it all out. Saved a fortune on disposables. Also meant that anything coming out did not get on his clothes, but rather on the cloth nappy, so a change of clothes was not necessary. Made changing take a bit longer, but mostly meant that once we got the disposable on, we didn't have to worry about a change in a few minutes time.

He grew out of it in a few weeks though.

The upside is that you know that your baby's system is working well!

KVG Wed 20-Jul-05 13:47:14

Message withdrawn

mandymac Wed 20-Jul-05 14:22:37

Hi

We have the same thing - dd often goes for the hat trick and manages to posset, poo and wee mid change . We use 2 sheets of kitchen roll under her bottom, which seems to catch the poo before it sinks into the towel we have over the mat - of course is of no use for wee, but having a roll of kitchen roll to hand means soaking up the wee is quicker.

Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now