Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training - bladder control?

(5 Posts)
MichelleM Fri 15-Jul-05 23:27:45

Have just started potty training DS1 who is 26 mths. He initiated last night by saying he wanted to sit on the toilet, where he promptly peed and pooed! Today has gone quite well in that he will nearly always do something when on potty or toilet, but plenty of action on the floor as well. He just seems to have lots and lots of little dribbles of pees though - is this normal? Just wondering if he maybe isnt physically ready for training, even though he wants to copy mummy & daddy.

MichelleM Sat 16-Jul-05 08:53:31

He has just spent 1/2 hour happily on toilet this morning already doing a few dribbles, then within the next 10 minutes off the toilet he did 3 separate dribbles on the floor

Pinotmum Sat 16-Jul-05 09:05:37

I tried training my ds at 26 months as he was offered a play group place. He was visiting the potty so regularly that he got bored with it and to be honest would have spent have his tme at play group in the loo! He did regress after starting play group and I put him back in pull ups and tried again at 29 months. His bladder control was much better by then. If after a week his accidents are still very regular it may be better to wait a while

MichelleM Sat 16-Jul-05 09:14:17

Thanks Pinotmum

MichelleM Tue 19-Jul-05 12:51:45

Have decided to leave the training as DS losing interest and still doing half his pees/poos on the floor. Is it better to just put him in pull-ups and stop using toilet/potty altogether for a few months or should I try to still continue some sitting say after mealtimes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now