Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is she really ready?

(7 Posts)
Lea2003 Thu 14-Jul-05 15:15:02

Dd is 21 months. Her nappy is dry overnight and after her naps so I decided to try to potty train her.

For the last 3 days we have sat on the potty and trainer seat .....NOTHING.

It appears that she likes to be on her own to wee/poo and wanders away up the hallway. Had tried her in real pants but she just weed in them just after being on the potty.

Should I just persevere and hopefully get it in the end or should I just get her used to sitting on the loo/potty and wearing pull ups for a bit longer.

Any advice would be wonderful.

SoupDragon Thu 14-Jul-05 17:26:20

I'd give her a week, cold turkey in pants - if there's no improvement, just give up and try again a few months or so down the line. She's still very young

bundle Thu 14-Jul-05 17:27:05

she's v young, i never bothered with dd1 till she was over 2.5

Angeliz Thu 14-Jul-05 17:27:23

Can't you put the potty where she likes to go, (even if it is the hallway) with a few books next to it so she can relax and go?

Lea2003 Thu 14-Jul-05 18:47:16

Thanks for the replies. I have had her showing interest in the potty then weeing next to it. I had thought she was showing signs of being ready but maybe not... I will try with the pants for a few more days and if no improvement will leave it a few months I think. Its just I had time off work for 2 weeks and being summer thought it would be an ideal time.

But hey theres no point rushing her.

Thanks

Lea2003 Thu 14-Jul-05 18:49:50

Forgot to add from above that she could walk around in a soaking wet poo filled nappy all day and not be bothered (obviously she doesnt get the opportunity). Is that a sign she doesn't really understand yet?

bundle Thu 14-Jul-05 18:53:31

lea, signs can include her talking about "it" as it's happening ie the nerve endings between bowel/bladder and brain are talking to each other. don't fret/hurry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now