Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

wee on the carpet!

(5 Posts)
emily05 Thu 14-Jul-05 11:40:13

Just started potty training. Ds had a little leak on the carpet.

Any tips on how to clean it up? I have obviously wipes it - just not sure what cleaners are ok.

thanks

TracyK Thu 14-Jul-05 11:41:07

I've just been using a wet cloth - ds wee doesn't seem to smell - maybe just soapy water if you're worried.

Listmaker Thu 14-Jul-05 11:43:18

My bathroom carpet has been wee'ed on so many times when they nearly made it but not quite! But I just used to soak it up with tissues and sometimes rub it with a damp cloth with some washing up liquid on and sometimes just left it to be honest - never seemed to smell and no lasting effects a few years later!

emily05 Thu 14-Jul-05 11:45:19

thanks! Just worried I might get immune to the smell of wee! I will use a cloth - and perhaps soapy water (I can see though like you Lm if it becomes a regular thing I will get lazier!)

tarantula Thu 14-Jul-05 11:47:44

I have made up a spary with water teetree and lavendar oils which I spray onto the carpet if dd has an accident. Bicarb is also great for getting smells out jsut sprinkle on and leave for a while then hoover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now