Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Fuzzi's leaking again!!!

(24 Posts)
sweetkitty Mon 11-Jul-05 17:05:04

Put DD in her fuzzi's again last week, had 2 microliners in it and it still leaked after an hour. Don't know what to do now?

Chuffed Mon 11-Jul-05 20:39:47

dd's seem to last about 2-3hrs with a wonderfulls insert. Haven't tried microfibre cloth yet.

starlover Mon 11-Jul-05 20:49:00

are her vests too tight? anything pressing on the crotch area can cause leakage.

also, build-up of detergant can make them a little less absorbant, so try washing them all and giving a few extra rinses.

if you soak them, some nappy soaks can make them less absorbant

PrettyCandles Mon 11-Jul-05 21:08:13

Have you made sure that all the fabric bits are tucked inside the waterpfoof part? I find that I have to swivel the front oaround the poppers slightly once it's done up. Are they possibly too small? It's not just weight but fit that matters. They do a petite style FB that worked better for slim-hipped ds than the standard style for his weight.

sweetkitty Mon 11-Jul-05 21:14:31

thanks didn't think I had used them that much for there to be a detergent build up, they seem to be leaking from the legs but the inserts are sodden too.

She's got the petite toddler size as she's dainty for her age they are on the last popper so to speak.

starlover Mon 11-Jul-05 21:15:57

make sure they are snug enough around the leg

flowerfairy Mon 11-Jul-05 22:27:49

Please don't make me doubt fuzzis. I've got 2 new ones, I'm really hoping to send ds to nursery with these in September. I have just got a wonderfull insert(or whatever it's called)

Yorkiegirl Mon 11-Jul-05 22:30:07

Message withdrawn

flowerfairy Mon 11-Jul-05 22:42:12

What do you do, anything special?

Yorkiegirl Mon 11-Jul-05 22:48:19

Message withdrawn

flowerfairy Tue 12-Jul-05 19:53:16

Thanks for the tip Yorkiegirl.

Yorkiegirl Tue 12-Jul-05 19:53:53

Message withdrawn

flowerfairy Tue 12-Jul-05 22:37:13

My 2 new ones arrived yesterday and am looking forward to experimenting with differrent inserts to find best soaker-upper.

Will let you know how it goes.

Yorkiegirl Btw when you say you use hardly any washing powder, what powder you use and how much and do you do your other nappies with them and do they come clean. Phew that was lots of questions

Yorkiegirl Tue 12-Jul-05 22:50:23

Message withdrawn

Pollyanna Tue 12-Jul-05 22:54:02

sorry to butt in - but can you tell me where you get the wonderfull inserts from? I use the microfibre ones (which have been fine up to now).

thanks

flowerfairy Tue 12-Jul-05 22:55:22

I got my insert from ragbags

flowerfairy Tue 12-Jul-05 22:56:16

Forgot to say they're a bit pricey £6.25, but apparently according to all the past threads very good

Yorkiegirl Tue 12-Jul-05 23:04:21

Message withdrawn

Pollyanna Tue 12-Jul-05 23:06:05

Thanks, I'll have a look (not that mine leak, but they only last a couple of hours, and sometimes it would be nice to go longer than that if possible).

PrettyCandles Wed 13-Jul-05 21:48:57

This week I've been using Motherease one-size nappies as inserts in dd's FBs - very effective and less bulky than using rectangular inserts.

popsycal Wed 13-Jul-05 21:51:15

pretty candles - i have done that too

flowerfairy Wed 13-Jul-05 22:52:04

Yorkiegirl-thanks again for the washing tips, i've halved my usual amount tonight
andall the nappies look clean.

Sorry that sounds like I didn't trust you.
Ta muchly.

Catilla Mon 01-Aug-05 21:31:18

I was told that Fuzzi Bunz fit some babies, and Nature Babies fit others...

Fuzzis fit my ds really well (can't see the Wonderoos lasting until he's much bigger (13m now). But my question is - what stuffing is enough to get through a 12hour night? I still use Pampers at night and they're bulging by morning. Any tips very welcome.

flowerfairy Mon 01-Aug-05 22:23:50

I have an old sort of fuzzi that i use at night(never tried one of the new ones) as it is fleec inside and out. i stuff it with a terry nappy and i also add a small prefold at the front, as ds sleeps on his front with bum in the air. Dh thinks it looks like some instrument of torture but i try to remind him that he's not doing much walking in bed. Lol. So far no leaks either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: