Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tell me she cant KNOW already.....

(12 Posts)
jessicaandbumpsmummy Sat 09-Jul-05 15:43:04

.... Jess is almost a year, and for the last 2 days will only poo in her tots bots!

Yesterday she was in a tots for 10 minutes, did a poo, put her in a kushies and was fine.

Bed time last night, into tots, within 10 minutes, another poo.

Kept her out of tots all day today, and the minute (literally) we put one on her, she did a poo!!!

PLEASE someone tell me this is coincidense (SP?) and not that she prefers the gorgeousness of a tots on her bum before poo-ing!!!

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 15:44:24

Message withdrawn

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sat 09-Jul-05 16:25:21

bump?!

misdee Sat 09-Jul-05 16:26:30

hahaha, can u kep her out of tots for one night and see what happens?

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sat 09-Jul-05 16:28:29

scared she will explode!!! she's in kushies at the moment. dont know if i can give up tots at night, its the only thing that makes her sleep through!!!!

colditz Sat 09-Jul-05 17:09:42

My son has done this whenever we change his nappy within a certain time frame - say between 5 and 8pm - he will poo in the clean nappy!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sat 09-Jul-05 20:07:26

She's done it again, put tots bots on her, put her up to bed, 5 mins later, she's screaming.... poo'd AGAIN!

Seriously concerned now! She doesnt poo in any other nappy!!!!

lockets Sat 09-Jul-05 20:11:39

Message withdrawn

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sat 09-Jul-05 20:13:36

but she's not even 1 year old yet!!! and WHY in her tots bots?! Why not in her nasty kushies?!

lockets Sat 09-Jul-05 20:16:17

Message withdrawn

lmccrean Sat 16-Jul-05 17:54:51

what about getting/making liners out of same material as the tots (terry??) then if she only poos and not wees, you can just change the liner

KiwiKate Sun 17-Jul-05 09:23:40

MY ds used to poo everytime we put a clean nappy on him! It seemed like he didn't like to poo in a wet one. Are the ones you are taking off her wet? If so, you might put her in a clean Kushies for an hour before bed?

Otherwise why not try putting her on a potty before putting a tots on? I know 1 is rather early, but she obviously has bowl control. Make a game of it and explain that she's such a big girl if she is really good you'll let her sit on the potty before bed (but in a no stress way, so don't stress if she doesn't do anything), but it's worth a try for a week and see if she'll rather use the potty.

There is a group of women here in New Zealand who NEVER put their children in nappies, and the kids go on potties (or buckets!) from birth! (not that I'd try this). So even though 1 seems really little, she might just be an early starter, and other kids do do it younger.

Worth a try anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: