Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is this a normal start?

(7 Posts)
myermay Mon 04-Jul-05 20:53:17

Message withdrawn

gigglinggoblin Mon 04-Jul-05 21:15:52

fairly normal til they remember they should be using the potty. i think they just forget and wearing pants feels a bit like wearing a nappy. give it a couple of days, he sounds like he is doing really well

Fran1 Mon 04-Jul-05 21:43:45

Yes very normal. The best thing to do is spend a few days with no pants or trousers as much as possible so he gets into the swing of things, then introduce pants and remind every now and then. Expect a few days of lots of wet clothes but as long as you make no fuss and just quick clothes change and tell him to do it in the potty next time, he'll soon get bored of all these clean up sessions!

giraffeski Mon 04-Jul-05 21:54:26

Message withdrawn

Mandymoo Tue 05-Jul-05 21:22:13

DD ia 2.6 and is exactly the same with the pants thing. Have no advice unfortunately - just thought i would mention it!!

myermay Tue 05-Jul-05 21:40:31

Message withdrawn

kath4kids Tue 05-Jul-05 22:16:52

mmm this is interesting, thought i'd give the potty training a go today too. If shes got no nappy on she sits on the potty constantly until she wees and that could be 3/4 hour. if i put pants on her she wets them and doesn't seem bothered if she's wet.

She can't spend her life sat on the potty can she?

This is so frustrating coz she's 2.5 and the other two were dry by 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now