Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help, advice needed, my dd doesn't like her reusables?!

(8 Posts)
LittleB Sun 03-Jul-05 11:21:12

I was waiting until dd had grown until I put her in her reusables, she's 7 weeks old and is now about 9 1/2 lbs. Put her in motherease nappies and air flow wraps yesterday, they looked a bit loose around her legs but didn't leak, she was fine all day but very grumpy late afternoon, but she's like that sometimes. I them put her to bed in size 1 tots bots with fleece wrap and she wouldn't settle - she's usually really good and settles within minutes - -ever since she was a week old, after 1 1/2 hours of trying to settle her, I tried putting her in a disposable and she settled straight away.
Did anyone else have problems like this, do you think I should wait until she's a bit bigger, they are bulky and affect her movement, or should I try and get her used to them gradually, any ideas? I want to use my cute reusables.

Feffi Sun 03-Jul-05 16:51:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

leahbump Sun 03-Jul-05 17:57:35

my ds was like this at first- we didn't use motherease till 11 weeks cos of it- they were too bulky and he just didn't like it...I used folded muslins and air flow wraps instead for a few weeks- he also hates paper liners and still gets grumpy if i use them at 16 months so we use fleece liners. could you try muslins for a few days increasing to using two for bulk and then going on to the tots at night? trick her into it as such !

stick with it...she will adjust....

ABow Tue 05-Jul-05 08:47:54

Hi littleb. Found the thread! I've been using reusables (Cotton Bottoms) since birth so I don't think size of dd really matters. But because she's used them from the word go she'll be used to them.

Maybe try just using them in the day at first to see if she gets use to them??

starlover Tue 05-Jul-05 14:07:12

motherease are quite bulky. DS uses them now and they're about right for him and he is 5 months! i do find them alittle wide between the legs still though.

have you tried either muslins or regular terry squares? you can fold them so that they are quite slim.

flowerfairy Tue 05-Jul-05 19:47:41

i seem to remember i started off with 1 or 2 a day at first, mainly as I didn't have enough to start with. Did use Cotton bottoms and MEO which I remember looking huge at first, but they soon get filled out.

Magscat Tue 05-Jul-05 20:03:37

Hi LittleB. Don't know if it helps much but I've always used a disposable at night cos of heavy wetting. We just got into the habit of using cotton all day and 1 disposable at night - 7 pw is a whole lot better than several every day !

- and like the others have said, you can always try again when she's a bit bigger.

LittleB Thu 07-Jul-05 14:49:37

Thanks for all the advice. We're going away for a few days but when I get back I will try using liners and muslins in a wrap during the day to get her used to it, then try and gradually increase what she wears and how long for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now