Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

hmmmm...what to do.....

(29 Posts)
giraffeski Fri 01-Jul-05 10:13:34

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Fri 01-Jul-05 10:16:02

Message withdrawn

Flamesparrow Fri 01-Jul-05 10:17:24

DD was like that... we ended up having "the weekend of many knickers"... just kept putting her in dry knickers each time she wet, and after a few puddles and tears, she got used to them and started taking them off.

Poo took longer, but we're getting there.

giraffeski Fri 01-Jul-05 11:19:26

Message withdrawn

nailpolish Fri 01-Jul-05 11:23:45

im right in the middle of this just now, glad im not the only one. dd seems to get confused and think she has a nappy on. i went and bought 40 pairs of knickers, and i just replace each one with a dry pair.

after a few days now she is still wetting her pants if she is wearing them, but its only a tiny drip, then she stops and says she needs a wee.

if i was you i would put the pants on, but take loads with you. shell only get confused if you dont, and put a skirt on her, its easier.

giraffeski Fri 01-Jul-05 11:25:01

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Fri 01-Jul-05 11:25:16

Message withdrawn

Flamesparrow Fri 01-Jul-05 11:26:09

Sorry - missed you!!!

We did it on a non-going out weekend.

giraffeski Fri 01-Jul-05 14:54:28

Message withdrawn

polly2 Fri 01-Jul-05 15:38:39

yeh wot do u do about poos? any advice out there please?

QueenOfQuotes Fri 01-Jul-05 15:41:11

girrafeski - I can highly recommend on of those porta-pottys - their fabulous - used one with DS1 (and probably will for DS2 as well). You 'wrap' the contents of the potty up in the bag (with liner in it) just like you would a nappy sack with a nappy in it - and then you don't have to run around with a potty that needs emptying

giraffeski Fri 01-Jul-05 17:35:29

Message withdrawn

Flamesparrow Fri 01-Jul-05 20:38:34

We had a whole weekend at home, dressed in skirts... and just kept putting a fresh pair of knickers on her when she wet.

Eventually it suddenly clicked that you wee in knickers... you get wet feet (like it did when she was first wandering round knickerless and not reaching the potty in time!!!)

By the end of the weekend we'd got it sussed....

I think it was another similar weekend getting used to wearing jeans though!!!

giraffeski Fri 01-Jul-05 21:01:28

Message withdrawn

Flamesparrow Fri 01-Jul-05 21:03:19

Be nice and breezy for her if nothing else. Probably very healthy for her girly bits too...

They do tend to get grazed bums as they come off the end of slides though (DD tends to not like her knickers and takes em off while my back's turned....)

giraffeski Fri 01-Jul-05 21:11:44

Message withdrawn

Flamesparrow Sat 02-Jul-05 10:46:22

Ouch!!!!

Maybe this lifetime with no knickers isn't such a good plan then...

giraffeski Sat 02-Jul-05 10:58:37

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sat 02-Jul-05 10:59:29

Message withdrawn

Flamesparrow Sat 02-Jul-05 11:07:43

If you put it off long enough - did a survey for pampers the other day, and they are bringing out cool new pull ups... more knicker shaped, and they have a pad inside that you can make so that they actually FEEL when they are wet - so they know they are in wet knickers, but you don't have to change wet socks

Its sad how excited I am about new pull ups....

KiwiKate Sat 02-Jul-05 11:11:36

We had different rewards for a wee or a poo in the potty. My DS loves blowing out candles. So it was one candle for a wee, and two for a poo - Soon got the message that a poo was something special to do. Soon stopped asking for candles for a wee, but carried on asking for candles a bit longer for poos. We never had any poos on the floor (and only one in the pants ever!). He just got the idea of doing both, and loved the applause, not to mention the TWO CANDLES.

Of course he tried to talk us into two candles each time he weed, but we stuck to the "rule", and this really motivated him to try for TWO CANDLES. He has never withheld a poo even when constipated (which can be a problem in some toddlers). It was a bit inconvenient and nutty taking candles everywhere, but it worked like a charm.

Oh and when we were out we never took a potty, but just told him there was no potty and he'd have to do it in the big toilet (and made visits there when we thought he had gone a long time without using the loo - at first these were under protect, but he soon got the idea that even if he didn't ask for it, we might still sit on a loo "just in case"). We did initially keep the nappy on him when going out (too chicken to risk an accident). But even though he was not keen on the "big toilet", he very soon started asking for it when going out and soon refused to go out in a nappy. Not had any accidents since going nappyless (thank goodness).

Flamesparrow Sat 02-Jul-05 11:14:05

I love people who can get their child to sit on a potty or toilet "just in case" - DD goes rigid, refuses to sit, screams and pulls my hair

giraffeski Sat 02-Jul-05 11:23:58

Message withdrawn

Flamesparrow Sat 02-Jul-05 17:00:34

How's it going today?

DD was fine while we were out - although she only wants to use the travel potty with the expensive bags rather than a toilet .

We got to my friend's house though, and she did a dribble before announcing wees She's been pretty much dry all week. I think it wa sjust the excitement of seeing them again (been on holiday)...

... When I left her there, she was knickerless and in the process of flashing the boy from down the road

giraffeski Sat 02-Jul-05 19:14:50

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now