Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

One Life / Motherease: ordinary or with stay dry liner ?

(50 Posts)
hub2dee Thu 30-Jun-05 22:27:26

We went to a Nappy Information Stand in Harrow the other week. (Thanks SB).

DW loved the One Life nappy as it was so soft and seemed nicely made.

1) Is this 100% identical to 'motherease' (is it just a licensed / branded name by Team Lollipop)

2) Anyone tried MEOS (ordinary) vs. MEOS (with stay dry liner) ? I think they add PUL liner to the whole nappy. Wondering if this is fab or too sweaty.

TIA for any comments.

hub2dee Fri 01-Jul-05 08:24:24

misdee Fri 01-Jul-05 08:42:30

stay dry doesnt have any PUL on it, the stay dry layer is a polyester liner. you will need wraps.

try tots bots!!! and ME wraps.

hub2dee Fri 01-Jul-05 08:49:56

Mornin misdee,

I see... I thought their polyester lining thingy might have meant 'no wrap needed' obviously not...

So, given the choice between a Tots Bot and a MEOS, you'd probably suggest the Tots ??? (DW thought they might get too crunchy with lovely Thames hard water and thought bum of bean might be too super-plump with the nappy on.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 01-Jul-05 08:50:47

TOTS!!!

misdee Fri 01-Jul-05 08:53:32

they do get crunchy on the washing line we are also in a hard water area, but a quick tumble dry now and then wont hurt. and during the winter months as well. bum will be super plump but it makes baby easier to carry lol.

have you contacted team lollipop for a home visit once bubs is here?

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 01-Jul-05 09:01:13

misdee - you have well and truly converted me! i still like the kushies for out and about, but the tots are FANTASTIC!

Roll on tomorrow - a nice blue and lavender one coming my way!

Feffi Fri 01-Jul-05 09:22:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hub2dee Fri 01-Jul-05 10:21:05

Thanks for all the advice. I have a few days to decide stuff. If babba is v. small might stall for a while, will also have dw post c/s to look after.... The unbleached MEOS sounds like the best of the MEOS but I'll probably start with a trial service so I can also grab some Fuzzi Bunz etc.

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 10:25:43

I don't think I'm going to ever stop buying nappies...

tots bots, kissaluvs, imse vimse,nappy nation and bumbles adorn ds's collection atm, I've just ordered some fuzzi bunz, I'm eyeing up minkis and now these one life ones look lush!!!

DH said the other day 'at least we don't need to buy any more for the next baby' and apparently I pouted... I know that was the argument for using cloth but what we have a girl in the next year or two???!!!!

hub2dee Fri 01-Jul-05 10:27:21

LOL @ lunavix

Feffi Fri 01-Jul-05 10:29:18

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 10:30:53

oh btw imse vimse are rubbish and nappy nation are HUGE.

Feffi Fri 01-Jul-05 12:09:21

misdee Fri 01-Jul-05 14:13:27

oops, just dpoing my ocardo ordering, and they have ME nappies and other wraps etc. guess what went into my basket

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 14:31:05

I'm not too bothered by ME wraps, ocado only does plain white ones and I like the eco ones!

misdee Fri 01-Jul-05 14:31:35

but they have £3 off the large size atm.

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 14:34:53

REALLY???

oooh I take that all back this weeks shopping will be done with ocado!

Bagpuss30 Fri 01-Jul-05 14:35:30

Hehe Misdee, I picked up some ME wraps for £5 each from Ocado a few months ago - worth looking out for.

Hub, have you looked at the ME Sandys nappy. I have three awaiting bump and they look so lovely. I do also really like the look of the tots that I have, so may be purchasing some more.

Can I just ask, which is the best site to get hold of a fuzzi bunz from? I have been using Kittykins because of free p&p but they don't seem to stock them.

misdee Fri 01-Jul-05 14:36:01

i just thought i'd stock up as have small, mediams and XL ones ion tyhe cupboard but no Large.

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 14:39:15

has anyone got an ocado code? Had a few I posted on here a few weeks ago but they haven't sent me one this week grrr

misdee Fri 01-Jul-05 14:41:33

have u ordered from there b4?
i have just used one, but not sure if it'll work for u, its for exsisting customers.

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 14:42:34

oh yes, I shop there every now again. Usually use tescos as it's cheaper though.

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 14:43:15

are they reduced in waitrose?

Chuffed Fri 01-Jul-05 14:43:50

I got my fuzzi's at babykind.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now