Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I've been brave

(38 Posts)
flowerfairy Thu 30-Jun-05 21:16:47

Tried using a cloth at night last night, and thankfully ds didn't wake up and slept through.

But he had leaked by morning. Had used a fleece pocket nappy with folded up terry inside anything I can add to furhter soak up any wee.lol.

It seemed enoprmous as it was, which dh kept saying he wouldn't sleep, would be wet in the morning. Any suggestions. I'd like to prove to dh that cloth will work at night.

starlover Thu 30-Jun-05 21:17:57

hmm well, they don't seem to mind how big they are at night!

you could try adding a microterry booster to it. fleece pocket nappies are bulkier than some others though.

we use fuzzi bunz with 2 microterry inserts in

spidermama Thu 30-Jun-05 21:18:10

How old is ds?

starlover Thu 30-Jun-05 21:18:18

also, shaped terries seem to work for ds at night as well.
sometimes use motherease with booster

tassis Thu 30-Jun-05 21:18:38

what wrap did you use?

how old is he?

well done for trying!

flowerfairy Thu 30-Jun-05 21:18:48

Forgot to say have previously tried tots fleece wrap and ds was soaked after few hours. that was many months ago.

Want to try again

flowerfairy Thu 30-Jun-05 21:20:41

Cor that was quick thank you.

It was a fuzzibunz a friend gave to me.

Could I double a booster and wedge it in the front.

Ds is 15months

spidermama Thu 30-Jun-05 21:21:04

Terries with extra pad soaks it up. Also I find popper wraps leak worse than velcro or ordinary pull on elastic pants.

starlover Thu 30-Jun-05 21:27:34

we have also got one of these which is really great. it's SO absorbant and also has a pocket you can stuff if you need it. will need a wrap on top though

flowerfairy Fri 01-Jul-05 20:53:20

starlover- you said I need a wrap with that nappy, if you stuff it do you nedd an even bigger wrap?

They do look fantastic, though finances are slightly strapped. But MIL is beginning to complain that tots with ME wrap is leaking during day.

Seriously think ds is heavy wetter. added a booster today and seemed to do during the day, though was absolutely soaked after 2-3 hours.

misdee Fri 01-Jul-05 21:20:12

ooooooooooo i am in love with the 'purple haze' cotton terry wee wonder. its gorgeous!!!

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 21:25:48

omg I love the candy stripe and the caramalised oranges... think I'll get ds the latter! Can't really say ds will get away with pink....

misdee Fri 01-Jul-05 21:27:23

well i just ordered, changing miss daisy, caramilised orange and purple haze.

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 21:37:06

I just bought Greeny and Caramlised Oranges

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 01-Jul-05 21:38:34

MISDEE MISDEE MISDEE - How many nappies do you have now?!

flowerfairy Fri 01-Jul-05 23:48:20

Didn't want to be left out, so just purchased the blues and 2 more fuzzibunz.

I think the pursestrings can manage that.

You must all be a bad influence or something.lol

giraffeski Fri 01-Jul-05 23:51:48

Message withdrawn

hana Sat 02-Jul-05 00:54:07

ok I have just ordered purple haze and daisy daisy
what beautiful nappies, thanks to whoever posted the link!

misdee Sat 02-Jul-05 08:00:09

errrrrrrrrrrrr JM, about 40 i guess? have about 15 tots bots, 10 fuzzi, and a few odd ones.

oh and frogs has just sent me a slinky minki, its lovely, so thank you frogs!!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sat 02-Jul-05 08:01:08

Do you NEED 40 nappies?!!! Jeez.... thats an addiction!!!

misdee Sat 02-Jul-05 08:05:14

well i'm lazy about washing lol. i managed 5 days before i had to do a load, and that was because the nappy bin was full.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sat 02-Jul-05 08:07:27

PMSL! I wash every day.... im obsessive about clean clothes/nappies!!! HATE dirt washing.... but then again, i cant stand ironing and that can sit there for a good 2/3 weeks before i touch it!!!

misdee Sat 02-Jul-05 08:10:22

i always have loads of washing to do due to the kids eczema. and you can guarentee as soon as the washing pile is down, dd2 will wet her bed as she takes her training pants off at night.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sat 02-Jul-05 08:12:54

aww bless. You need someone to come and do it for you. How are the kids today? Feeling any better?

misdee Sat 02-Jul-05 08:15:53

dd2 seems fine. dd1 had a coughing fit first thing this morning. went onm for about 20mins, poor luv had tears streaming down her face and was in pain with the amount of coughing. it happens when she has been lying down for a while. dd3 is fine, atm exploring her hands

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: