Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

URGENT HELP NEEDED!

(9 Posts)
Flamesparrow Thu 30-Jun-05 09:16:22

DD has been a star with wees, but been saving poo for night nappy...

She's currently wandering round, holding her bum, crying and screaming "poo" but won't sit on potty, toilet or travel potty, or let me put a nappy on her!

Help!!!

She sounds so miserable.

lilaclotus Thu 30-Jun-05 09:20:08

oh bless. we had something similar with dd but with wees. she'd wait all day until her night nappy and flood it. we used chocolate bribery, im afraid. it was the only thing that worked.

throckenholt Thu 30-Jun-05 09:21:11

try putting the nappy on the potty ? And go for bribery !

Flamesparrow Thu 30-Jun-05 09:25:33

She won't let me near her and is throwing the potty if I mention it.

She's so unhappy

throckenholt Thu 30-Jun-05 09:40:42

give her a nappy to wear then. And explain to her that it important not to hold poo in. Say if she really doesn't want to do it in the potty toilet to ask for a nappy. Hoefully once she gets her confidence back then she will gradually realise it is more hassle to get a nappy. Take it slow.

Bagpuss30 Thu 30-Jun-05 09:47:20

I had similar recently too, and bribed with Jelly Babies also just ignored when dd used her nappy and kept telling her that it should go in the toilet now. All she really needed was to get over the fear of doing it in a different place and she was away. Good Luck.

GHet Mon 15-Aug-05 10:15:35

My Ds has had a similar problem. He's 2.6 and was doing pretty well with the potty but after a few days refused to wee or poo in it. He was clutching himself and looked so miserable and uncomfortable. Nothing I could say (or bribe) would persuade him to go. Then I put him back in nappies to give it a break, but then he refused to go in his nappy either. He looks so desperate, I feel awful. I've tried stickers as a bribe for when he wees or poos but to no avail. Any advice???

LeahE Mon 15-Aug-05 10:45:02

Someone on another board found that the thing that worked best with her ds was buying a DVD/video that he was desperate to watch and saying he could watch it when he'd gone in the potty.

loupylou Mon 15-Aug-05 20:10:32

I think i'd try chocolate and fruit, and perhaps move the potty to a less obtrusive place temporarily. You could try the nappy in the potty idea, if she'll give it a go and then cut it smaller until the piece eventually fits in the nappy.
Lots of reassurance, and i know this will sound gross,, but can you show her a poo once you've done one, so she realises you're not scared.
it will come eventually.
My dd does poos at home but not at Nanny's!!( she saves it for mummy!)
You're not alone, just try to make sure she doesn't become constipated because then it's easy to get into a vicious circle.
Good Luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now