Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Has anyone experienced this?

(4 Posts)
coldtea Wed 29-Jun-05 16:33:35

My dd is just 23 months & a month ago decided she wasn't going to wear a nappy anymore!

She was desperate to wear pants-she likes to be like her big brother! She has been in them now for at least 4 weeks. Some days she is completly dry & some days she will have 2 accidents before we've even left to take ds to school!

She knows when she needs to go, has proved she can hold it several times eg when we've been unable to stop on a motorway or when i've been shopping & it's taken me 10 minutes to get her to a toilet. From this point of view she is doing fantastically!

My problem is if i am not with her, if i'm busy doing something she will just wet. The garden is my biggest problem where she will just blatently wee/poo on the grass despite her potty being right near her.

After 4 weeks now it's getting really frustrating, so last week i thought i would put her back in nappies. This doesn't work as she takes her nappy off when she needs a wee anyway & i don't want to confuse her by doing both nappy & pants.

Finally(if you've lasted this long!), i am not in a mad hurry for her to be dry she is after all only 23 months, but the fact we've doing this now for 4 weeks is driving me mad. Has anyone else experienced this, what did you do & how long did it take?

I was probably spoilt 1st time round as ds was dry in 10 days(he was 2 & 1 month)

coldtea Wed 29-Jun-05 18:24:49

nobody?

Twiglett Wed 29-Jun-05 18:46:55

can't work out if you're boasting or not

think she's doing very well maybe you need to give her treats / stickers for every dry day till she gets a pressie day 7 or something

coldtea Wed 29-Jun-05 19:26:53

I'll boast when she's dry .

I was hoping to hear from parents who had successfully toilet trained a child under 2 & how they did it as my dd wouldn't understand a sticker chart.

Thanks for trying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now