Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Calling misdee, MrsDoolittle...and other cloth nappy mums and dads!

(36 Posts)
lunavix Wed 29-Jun-05 14:41:06

What's cute at the moment?

Ds is still in his now slightly miserable looking rainbow tots, and also a couple of bumbles. Wrap wise he has one motherease and a few tots.

Want to get him some cute bits, what have you seen around? Been eyeing up fuzzibunz and minki, are they any good? What about wraps?

starlover Wed 29-Jun-05 14:44:12

fuzzi bunz totally rock! i love them. don't need a wrap with them either. have a few minkis too which are lovely!

giraffeski Wed 29-Jun-05 14:49:04

Message withdrawn

lunavix Wed 29-Jun-05 14:53:24

oh no giraffeski I forgot I have 2 of those as well lol. They're gorgeous aren't they, I have a turquoise and a green one. I just made a plea down the phone to dh for more nappies and he conveniently forgot them too

I forgot to say on other thread.. glad your dd like the gifts Took a while choosing, but I hope if anythings a bit 'old' for her she grows into them soon!

I need more for nights really.. We have a thick nappy nation insert, and also a size 3 tots, and to get ds not to leak at night, we have to put him in a size 2 tots (or kissaluv or bumble etc) with the HUGE booster, plus the size 3 tots on top, plus an xl wrap (the only big wrap I have at the moment being a snickerdoodles one) it's a nightmare!

MrsDoolittle Wed 29-Jun-05 14:57:13

Hi Lunavix, I have just been thinking the same myself.
I bought 3 slinki minkis most recently and I have to say they really are for showing off! And with a microfibre insert they are nice and slim.
In fact, Michaela was looking for agents most recently and I have offered my help!
Although I have heard it's better to be an independant.

lunavix Wed 29-Jun-05 15:09:58

oh MrsD I know! If I had a dd... there's so many lovely girls minkis. THe pink hearts, strawberry shortcake.

Michaela agreed to make me a noddy nappy.. yay

giraffeski Wed 29-Jun-05 15:25:53

Message withdrawn

MrsDoolittle Wed 29-Jun-05 15:34:11

lunavix, have you tried a microfibre insert? They are really cheap and are super absorbable. You can buy them almost anywhere.

Yorkiegirl Wed 29-Jun-05 15:37:31

Message withdrawn

lunavix Wed 29-Jun-05 15:43:13

Looks like fuzzis it is. Where does everyone buy them from? Roughly how much per nappy? I'm imagining £15 each if AIO?

Pixiefish Wed 29-Jun-05 15:44:32

I love minki. Absolutely gorgeous. Have a look at the new minki minkee fabric-so soft and gorgeous- don't think she has it on line but she has had it on ebay before and makes them as custom orders.

I alos love the little lamb allin one- www.free-rangekids.co.uk sell them- they have some on offer at the moment. They really are very soft and dry ever so quickly

Yorkiegirl Wed 29-Jun-05 15:44:52

Message withdrawn

starlover Wed 29-Jun-05 16:00:01

i buy from babykind

roosmum Wed 29-Jun-05 22:09:40

bear behinds are v. funky - & available as stuffables, so you can fill em up for nights....wow at the amount of cloth on your ds's bum at night!
love fuzzis here too, they're seriously good.
i just use a pad-folded terry at night (little ewe unbleached), either in nature babies stuffable, or just placed in nb popper wrap - tho ds is only 5 mths (but nearly 20lbs, so def on the big side for his age). how old is your ds?

giraffeski - have you thought of trying to reseal your fuzzis, think i've read somewhere abt doing this with some lanolin type stuff - rubbing it into leaky seams?? (or did i imagine it...?!)

misdee Wed 29-Jun-05 22:10:47

ooooo minkee minkis. i want one [droool]

frogs Wed 29-Jun-05 22:34:00

I have a minki fleece stuffable that dd2 has grown out of if you'd like it, misdee. It's a pink polka dot design with orange inside. Only very lightly used, as I bought a size too small and didn't realise in time.

It's Medium, but reckon would fit from 3-4 months.

misdee Wed 29-Jun-05 22:35:45

oooo thanks you!!

Feffi Wed 29-Jun-05 22:43:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frogs Wed 29-Jun-05 22:47:36

CAT me your address again, misdee, and I'll put it in the post to you. It is a very cheering nappy, I promise. I'm trying to resist the temptation to buy the same one in the next size up, but we don't really need more nappies.

Pixiefish Wed 29-Jun-05 22:55:13

misdee- the minki minkee IS gorgeous. I got dd a lilac one with purple fleece inner and purple poppers. Dd loves it- its just so soft

misdee Wed 29-Jun-05 22:56:03

i emailed last week to ask for a pink one, but havent heard back.

misdee Wed 29-Jun-05 22:56:38

i got pony and leopard print minkis off ebay. they are lovely.

giraffeski Wed 29-Jun-05 23:01:15

Message withdrawn

Chuffed Thu 30-Jun-05 09:43:56

yorkiegirl I've just got the one fuzzi with the wonderfulls insert (have't used it yet) just finished washing the wonderfulls thing 3 times. Is it absorbant enough for nights?
Are the microfibre inserts the ones for about £3 from babykind? Are they any good. I'm thinking of trying a slinky minki too but dd will only be a part time washable user as nursery won't use them so I'm trying to work out the best things to get and how many.

Chuffed Thu 30-Jun-05 09:44:40

giraffeski my instructions say fuzzi's can be washed at 95 so would hope that 60degree wash won't have done it or mine will be shot before it's used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now