Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

taking off nappy at night - help!

(7 Posts)
Rhumba Mon 27-Jun-05 22:37:12

Ds is 2 and doing Ok with the potty training still some accidents but generally getting better. The problem is that after he's been put to bed he takes off his nappy and then poos/pees all over his cot. At first he was quite upset but getting less bothered. He can unzip his sleeping bag and take off pjyamas and we've tried putting pants over his nappy too. At first we thought he was too hot but now not so sure. tonight he talked about "play dough" so i guess he'd been playing with it

Also not sure how much of a fuss we should make of this - during the day we just change him and tell him "next time in the potty" if he soils but feel he needs to know that it's not on to take nappy off/ soil bed!

Any ideas of how to keep him in a nappy and what to do when this happens. Has anyone else had this?

wowy Fri 01-Jul-05 16:23:00

umm. don't know if you're a cloth user but have you considered weenees? they fasten at the back. might flummox him. you can buy disposible pads to fot inside or use cloth. or i suppose you could just put the wrap on over the nappy? cat me if i can help?

Fran1 Fri 01-Jul-05 16:25:19

You could try pullups? and don't let him watch how you tear them off

My dd is potty trained and so hates having to wear a nappy at night time. I either put her in pullups and call them knickers, or do up the velcro on the nappy when she's not looking and tell her to put her 'knickers' on! sneaky i know

starlover Fri 01-Jul-05 16:27:09

what about putting him in an all in one vest which poppers underneath?

Chuffed Fri 01-Jul-05 16:28:22

grow bag on backwards?

Noggermum Fri 01-Jul-05 17:06:25

Rhumba- you are the first person i have copme across with this problem too! My DD (age just two) has been taking her nappy off too - at one stage it was every night but now seems to be more intermittent, though I can't find a pattern to why she does it (recently had new baby so have put it down to a nappy protest). She is not even toilet training yet. She can remove pants, poppered vests, zippered sleeping bags, pyjamas, pull ups - the works. We have just been quietly changing her and the sheets when it happens with no fuss and no attention but i have yet to find any cure at all. If you sort it, please let me know!

starlover Fri 01-Jul-05 17:11:01

i believe there are people on here who have resorted to sewing pyjamas on! (not to the child obviously)

but you could sew the top to the bottom with just a running stitch and unpick it in the morning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now