Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What sort of wraps for terries nappies?

(13 Posts)
PiccadillyCircus Tue 21-Jun-05 20:45:01

I am thinking about getting some terries for DS2/DD. What sort of wraps would work? I presume that the plastic pants my sister (22) have moved on a bit now .

starlover Tue 21-Jun-05 20:46:01

i LOVE litewraps (can be found on twinkleontheweb.co.uk)... i really can't praise them enough... they are fantastic!

after those I would say motherease, or nappy nation

LouiseT Tue 21-Jun-05 20:48:47

Another vote for Motherease wraps (popper or velcro) is all that we've used over the last 18months and wouldn't change them.

starlover Tue 21-Jun-05 20:49:32

oh no.. didn't mean nappy nation (although they're ok)... meant nature babies!

but deffo first choice would be the litewrap

giraffeski Tue 21-Jun-05 20:50:02

Message withdrawn

PiccadillyCircus Tue 21-Jun-05 20:52:38

Thank you all so far . Not sure on the nippa vs pinning - I used to pin my sister's nappies when I was 7 so presume I could manage to do that - but I quite like the idea of nippas. How do they hold things together though? (suppose I need to see one in the flesh).

eidsvold Wed 22-Jun-05 07:06:54

I still use plastic pants - very cheap and easy to get - have som e- plain plastic and others that are fabric covered plastic. I also use kushies wraps and nature baby wraps that I had for dd1. As well as some fleece wraps I made for dd2.

eidsvold Wed 22-Jun-05 07:07:54

nippas are fab - no worries about trying to do pins up with wrigglers - my dd2 is a wriggler - so easy to do the nippa and adjust if necessary. The nippa also helps pull the nappy in to fit closely.

Nightynight Wed 22-Jun-05 07:36:46

I bought cheap tie ones from Boots. they leak a little (not seriously), but they are very soft on the legs, no red marks.

They have a limited life, but the advantage is that they are cheap!

Feffi Wed 22-Jun-05 20:52:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misdee Wed 22-Jun-05 20:53:36

gotta be motherease.

frogs Wed 22-Jun-05 20:56:20

I fold the terries into a pad (fold terry in quarters, then folded square into half/thirds) and use a Nature Babies popper wrap to hold it all in place. No pins, no nippas, no mess. Never had a leak, though poo does go on the wraps quite often.

Have tried every other combination and fold going, with pins and nippas, and this is definitely the best. Cheap, too.

Maisiemog Thu 23-Jun-05 17:16:04

I only have Bummis PUL Aplix wraps - the ones that go with cotton bottoms. I use them with fitteds prefolds and terries. They are kind of low rise, which means I need to go up a size to cover fitteds (except tots and dizzies) adequately. Over prefolds and terries they are excellent, no leaks at all even at night.
There are some reviews here I find them excellent over terries, although I have to roll back the leg on the terry a bit, as I find they go halfway down ds's thigh - must be the way I'm putting them on.
Anyway, they are very waterproof, bombproof and have cute designs, with lots of room at the back for a big nappy bum.
The sizing is pretty important, we flew through the newborn and small sizes in about 5 months and are now using the mediums, which have a huge weight range 15-30lbs.
What size is your baby?
I will be selling a couple of new wraps cheap soon if you are interested in trying this wrap?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now