Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pootastic!

(15 Posts)
Betty1970 Tue 21-Jun-05 20:13:13

My dd has been potty learning - very PC - for anout 4 weeks. She is doing fine, but we have taken a step back as she will no longer poo on the potty or toilet. She either does a poo first thing in the morning in her nappy - and often takes her nappy off and carries the poo in her hand in to the bedroom - yum! Or, she will just literally poo in her pants.

Has anyone else had this? Any tips?!

TrinaJ Tue 21-Jun-05 21:25:18

My dd is exactly the same!!
She's been using the toilet since march. But still regularly poos in pants!
She doesn't show fear of toilet just doesn't use it.
Having said this we've had 2 poos in the toilet in the last 4 days, i think bribary is finally paying off. - 1 marble/choc button for wee in toilet, 2 taken away for accidents and 5 extra for poo in toilet!!

Betty1970 Wed 22-Jun-05 16:36:38

I am not alone - Thank God! Funnily, dd did a poo on the potty this a.m. so fingers crossed!

TrinaJ Thu 23-Jun-05 20:49:42

How's progress going? My dd hasn't done any more in toilet yet and 2 in pants today!!! AAArgh! Struggling to do reward scheme at nursery!

Betty1970 Fri 24-Jun-05 15:28:16

Hiya. Well I'll be damned, but dd has been pooing in her potty like a trooper!

At dd's nursery, they stamp the children's hands as a reward each time they poo/pee on the potty; the daily report card that the parents get also has a stamp on it. Dd loves it. Perhaps you could suggest they do it at your nursery- unless they do already?

Good Luck!

TrinaJ Mon 27-Jun-05 13:34:50

I'm so glad you're doing so well, we'er not.
The nursery use stickers, but until she does one, she won't get the rewerd!!

TrinaJ Sun 03-Jul-05 22:15:55

Still no joy, at pooing in pot, has done 3 in last 3 weeks, but is not consistent! I'm getting stressed now, it's been 3/4 months now, I'm begining to wonder if there's any medical reason for it? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Betty1970 Mon 04-Jul-05 20:41:03

Hi Trina, I think it is just a matter of time, but if you are really concerned check with your HV. We have been doing ok, but did a poo in pants on Thursday after having been fine for 3 weeks. Also still have weeing accidents out of the blue. Kids - love 'em.

Good Luck!

Bramshott Tue 12-Jul-05 14:00:54

No help really - just sympathy as DD (2y6m) is the same - very good (most of the time) with wees, much less good with poos! We've been potty training for about 6 weeks and some days recently it's really felt like we're going backwards! Just hoping to hang in there, and think of all those nappies I don't have to wash!

TrinaJ Mon 18-Jul-05 21:33:30

we seem to be getting better, she will ask to go and does poo in potty, but then 5 mins later does more in pants, so frustrating but at least it's a start.

fisil Wed 20-Jul-05 09:36:55

Can I hijack? ds1 has been using the potty now for 3 days - yesterday with no accidents at all! However, he is usually very regular, but he has not had a poo since we started the "potty learning". It could be because he has several enormous chicken pox spots on his bum, and that's putting him off, or it could be fear of pooing on the potty. What can I do? I've tried bribery, but it seems to heighten the anxiety.

TrinaJ Thu 21-Jul-05 16:58:58

The only thing i can suggest is give him lots of fluids and fruit/veg and just wait, he'll have to go eventually! Although it may be the minute you put his nappy on.

starlover Thu 21-Jul-05 17:02:54

fisil... if you think he needs a poo (can you tell?) then sit him on the potty and give him a balloon to blow up.
the blowing action will actually make him strain and do a poo! (if there is one there)
once he has done it then tons of fuss and attention and a big sticker!

TrinaJ Sun 24-Jul-05 21:18:18

Seem to be getting somewhere, she uses potty to poo a few times a week, lots of praise and treats. But i feel she's still lazy and choosing not to use potty all the time, is it pc to discipline her for this?

TrinaJ Wed 03-Aug-05 20:23:52

Think we may have cracked it! No poos in her pants for two days!!! Wahey! At last, fingers crossed that it lasts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now