Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Boys - underpants at night or not??

(7 Posts)
IlanaK Tue 21-Jun-05 18:59:23

Ds is almost four and we will soon be ditching the night nappies. Dh sleeps nude and was shocked when I said ds would need pants to sleep in. I wear pants at night. Is this just a boy thing? Should ds wear them or not?

NotQuiteCockney Tue 21-Jun-05 19:22:41

No pants at night in our house, for anyone. Just PJs, and only PJ bottoms, in this heat.

And, um, for girls, pants at night is not a good idea. Bits need ... airing? Wearing pants at night sounds like a recipe for a yeast infection.

Gobbledigook Tue 21-Jun-05 19:23:49

Well my ds1 does wear his pants in bed.

I wear a 'vest' and knickers and I never get infections - so ner!

QueenEagle Tue 21-Jun-05 19:24:07

I agree - pants are a big no-no except at THAT time of the month. Definitely best to have the air circulating around to prevent any infection IMO

flamesparrow Tue 21-Jun-05 19:39:22

I just find it more comfy being pantsless

SoupDragon Tue 21-Jun-05 19:52:46

pmsl at the thought of pants causing an infection if youwear them in bed. Snort!

Anyway, DSs wear them just from habit really - kind of followed on from wearing pull ups. Sometimes they leave them off and we've told them it's not necessary to wear pants under PJs.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 21-Jun-05 20:31:00

Um, SD, here 's a reasonably reputable link suggesting avoiding sleeping in pants if you're prone to yeast infections. It's not about the fact you sleep in them, it's about not taking advantage of nighttime to let things ... air.

Obviously, if you're not getting thrush, don't bother changing what you do. But for those of us who are prone to yeast infections, taking such a simple step is very much worthwhile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now