Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

boring and vague, but im interested to know...

(12 Posts)
nailpolish Tue 21-Jun-05 16:54:44

how long did it take your dd/ds to toilet train (daytime)?

and when did you start have nappy free nights, and how long did that take?

i started on sunday, cold turkey ie no nappies apart from bedtime.

thanks!

kid Tue 21-Jun-05 16:58:12

DD got the hang of being dry during the day on the first day (with one accident). Night time took longer with lots of accidents. We just decided a week of dry nappies in the morning, to stop putting them on. She was 2 1/2 when we started potty training.

DS took about 2 weeks with at least 1 accident every day. We just stopped putting a nappy on him at night. He did have a few accidents but got better after a few weeks. We started potty training him at 2.4

Bagpuss30 Tue 21-Jun-05 17:01:09

Dry in the day, ds about a week, dd about a month. DS not dry at night until 4 yrs ish. DD still wavering between dry at night and soaked but is only 2yrs 10 m (as I say, she has only cracked daytimes in the last month).

I'm afraid I'm a lazy mummy and just keep putting on pull ups until I find that the majority of times they are dry, so no real night training for me .

nailpolish Tue 21-Jun-05 18:58:35

bump

Gobbledigook Tue 21-Jun-05 19:25:56

Only done ds1 so far.

Trained him at 2.9 and it took 3 days with no accidents after that (I kid you not!).

Was lazy with the nighttime thing but on his 4th birthday he turned his nose up at his pull up and hasn't worn one since - no accidents yet either (he's 4.4)

bigdonna Tue 21-Jun-05 21:35:16

i potty trained both my dd and ds at just turned 2 it took a week for both,hardly any accidents.I nighttime trained them both by 2.6 i had 1 wet bed in the first week as i lifted them.

dot1 Tue 21-Jun-05 22:18:55

ds is just over 3 1/2 and we're on day 4 which has been the first day with no accidents at all!!

Roobie Tue 21-Jun-05 22:32:41

I left it late with my dd as I couldn't face dealing with all the accidents on the carpets etc - she is 3.2 and went straight from pull-ups into pants last week and has had no accidents whatsoever. I basically let her train herself - the potty has been out for months and the last few months of pull-ups she was more or less pooing all the time in the potty although strangely she resisted weeing always going in her pull-ups. Then about a month ago I suggested she try and use the toilet and she was so delighted with the idea that she was pretty much going there all the time - then she suddenly asked to wear pants "as nappies are for babies Mummy".

nailpolish Wed 22-Jun-05 08:11:12

thanks very much everyone - so my idea of a week and we should be there (if not, almost?)

then just let the poos happen themselves? we are on day 4 now and we have had about 3 or 4 accidents a day - is this pretty normal or am i trying to do it too soon? (shes 2yrs 8mths and i think shes ready)

bigdonna Wed 22-Jun-05 13:10:04

that seems normal,i would not say its too soon.the little girl i mind i potty trained at 2.3 yrs she had about 3 accidents everyday for a week then every time she did a wee in the potty she stuck a sticker on a chart.

nailpolish Wed 22-Jun-05 13:11:18

today has been very successful! so far

nailpolish Fri 24-Jun-05 12:17:44

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now