Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

28 month old, no nappy and nothing all day........

(10 Posts)
jenkel Sun 19-Jun-05 15:34:13

Ok, nice hot day, likely to be running around the garden with not a lot of clothes on, good opportunity to take her nappy off. Which has been fine apart from northing has happened since 10 this morning, no poo and no wee and she has been drinking loads. We tried in February, lot more intensively than now and had a horrendous time and gave up. Not sure if any one can give advice, but would just be good to know that other people have had terrible times and have got there. Oh, and she is 28 months by the way and probably still be in nappies at 5.

MaloryTowers Sun 19-Jun-05 16:13:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jenkel Sun 19-Jun-05 16:35:25

dont think so, she has a dress on and its not been wet at all and she normally cries when she has accidents. One of us (DH or me) has pretty much been with her the whole day and we keep asking her if she wants to wee and she just shakes her head. I think she thinks of her nappy as almost a comfort thing because in the past if its been off for a while she has got really upset, whereas today she has been fine all day without a nappy but just no luck doing anything else. Friends all have potty trained so easily, this is just a nightmare, know we just have to get through it but it is so painful.

MaloryTowers Sun 19-Jun-05 16:42:55

MaloryTowers Sun 19-Jun-05 16:43:50

WigWamBam Sun 19-Jun-05 17:45:28

She's still quite young to be potty trained, you know. Give yourself a break and don't get so het up over it - most children aren't dry until closer to 3 than 2.

aloha Sun 19-Jun-05 18:13:05

She's SO young! What are you worried about? My ds is four in September and still in pull ups much of the time. My friend's dd is four in Jan and has plenty of accidents.
I would be concerned about the lack of wees, but from the point of view of possible dehydration in this hot weather, not because of toilet training. Are you getting her to drink loads?

aloha Sun 19-Jun-05 18:13:28

I also think you should forget all about toilet training if it's making you feel this stressed.

nutcracker Sun 19-Jun-05 18:19:10

Ds is 30mths and i haven't really started potty trainig yet. Certainly not expecting him to be trained for 3 so if he is that will be a nice surprise.

jenkel Sun 19-Jun-05 18:37:28

OK, she has just done a huge win in a potty, have not put a nappy on her, she was asking for a nappy and I said as soon as she had done a wee I woudl. Plan now to be relaxed, let her run around outside without nappies but when we go out, or are in nappies on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now