Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

BumGenius V3 vs Pop-In Dream-Dri

(11 Posts)
chickane Thu 05-Nov-09 17:56:52

Does anyone have any experience of using both these nappies? They've made my shortlist and I can't decide between them.

I would like to start using resuables asap after my first baby is born in January so use with a newborn would be greatly appreciated too!

Thanks & Regards

Arja Thu 05-Nov-09 19:33:06

pop ins will fit smaller babies better and have a gusset so better for containment. They fit quite well from 7lbs.

mumface Thu 05-Nov-09 20:42:31

I like both pop-in and Bumgenius but prefer Bumgenius as I find them more reliable. Pop-in are slightly better with newborn poo as they have more of a gusset, but I have had more wee leaks with them than Bumgenius. I would buy one of each of a few nappies before you decide to buy a whole set. Or maybe get a trial set of nappies.

Octothebaglady Thu 05-Nov-09 21:27:08

I prefer pop in dream dri (microfibre) over bumgenius due to the gusset - BG are very popular though. I am a two parter at heart and would go for some nice lollipop micros or sandys and motherease rikkis!

swampster Thu 05-Nov-09 22:59:51

Bumgenius rock, I never had any problems with containment on my LO and started using them on him when he was a few weeks old. They aren't the most beautiful nappies in the world but they aren't the ugliest. That accolade might just go to the Pop-in though - I really, really disliked mine. Mine wasn't a Dream-Dri (Dri, WTF???). But I'm not a fan of gussetty nappies, they invariably leak for me and I find them hideously unattractive.

chickane Fri 06-Nov-09 10:10:30

Wow - all great comments, thanks. I'll have to get my hands on some examples of each so I can check out the controversial gusset!

Octothebaglady Fri 06-Nov-09 11:51:22

The dri bit of dream dri refers to it drying quicker than their other nappy - the pop-in which is bamboo - although looking at the top layer of fabric on the dream dri you would think it was meant to be one way but haven't found it myself!

All the best covers like motherease rikki, nature babies and lollipop - all have gussets - popper covers don't need them as you can adjust the sizing ont he leg to get a snug fit.

smile

swampster Fri 06-Nov-09 13:07:02

That's just it, though, I could never get Rikkis to work either, whereas Airflows (poppered) are utterly bombproof if a bit too ugly to show in public. And my Nature Babies thing from five years ago is remembered with much horror. Maybe I just have weirdy-shaped boys.

The Dri-thing is just another bug-bear. I mean, how hard is it to spell 'dry', really? It's a bit like Krispy Kreme - it just shouts "you are a moron" to me. <<pisses off to new home on Pedants' Korner>>

mistermoo Fri 06-Nov-09 13:53:51

The other big difference between the Bumgenius and the Pop-In is the layer next to baby's skin... in the BG it's suedecloth, which, like fleece has a 'stay-dry' effect.

In the Pop-In Original (the bamboo one) the layer next to the skin is just bamboo, so stays 'wet' feeling. You can use a fleece liner to combat this, or decide it doesn't bother you! Some ppl like to have natural fibres next to baby's skin anyway, regardless of 'dry-feeling' consideration.

Or you can buy the Pop-In Dream Dri (sorry swampster wink which is made of microfibre. The top layer here is also meant to be 'stay-dry' feeling, although not made of either suedecloth or fleece.

I would definitely urge you to trial a few different types to see which you like. They all work, just some you will like better than others!

Octothebaglady Fri 06-Nov-09 22:46:40

Or get a mini lala from cheeks and cherries - gorgeous!

mistermoo Fri 06-Nov-09 23:56:06

Thanks Octo! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now