Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How do you clean a potty?

(10 Posts)
Lilliput Thu 16-Jun-05 20:55:15

Silly question I know I just wondered how you clean the potty after a poo. My dd is a bit freaked out by her poos and they have to be disposed of asasp but I always end up making a very smeary mess. Sorry!

Gobbledigook Thu 16-Jun-05 20:56:34

I used to empty poo into toilet. If some stuck to the sides then I'd wipe round it with toilet paper and put that in the loo. Then I'd wipe round with a Flash wipe or I'd spray with antibacterial and use kitchen roll.

Hulababy Thu 16-Jun-05 20:57:21

I start with lots of very hot water and keep tipping down toilet until most of mess has gone. Then I use a bit of toilet roll to wipe round, and follow with another swill in hot water.

lilaclotus Thu 16-Jun-05 20:58:19

i always managed with detol spray and some wipes or loo roll.

gscrym Thu 16-Jun-05 21:13:05

If you get a bit of warning, put a baby wipe in the bottom of the potty. It stops anything sticking.

toothyboy Thu 16-Jun-05 21:13:49

Ditto Gg

toothyboy Thu 16-Jun-05 21:15:50

I've tried that gscrym, but ds wants to take it out - then you've got hands in the potty, poo coming out at the same time scenario!! Not pleasant!!

Lonelymum Thu 16-Jun-05 21:16:57

I ditto Gdg and also gscrym although I only used toilet paper - it make it much easier to get out too.

chocolatequeen Mon 20-Jun-05 21:56:29

I read somewhere to put some water in the bottom of the potty, so it's more like a proper toilet, and then things can't stick... What lovely conversations we have!

When I've put water in, I add a bit of food colouring too, just to liven up the proceedings... can be fun!

chocolatequeen Mon 20-Jun-05 21:57:00

I read somewhere to put some water in the bottom of the potty, so it's more like a proper toilet, and then things can't stick... What lovely conversations we have!

When I've put water in, I add a bit of food colouring too, just to liven up the proceedings... can be fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now