Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Night nappy rash - help me get back to cloth!!

(4 Posts)
Chulita Wed 04-Nov-09 09:24:58

DD's started breaking out in nappy rash if we put her in cloth overnight. She used to be fine but for the last 6 weeks if I put her in cloth for a night she gets the most horrendous raw, bleeding rash after just the one night. She's in BG during the day with no trouble and we've got EHBH and MEAF for the night. I don't want to keep using disposables at night, any suggestions?

Octothechildherder Wed 04-Nov-09 09:48:39

You could try fleece liners on top of the inner fleece of the EH to keep her bottom dry and silver liners to help heal. The rash she has is best sorted with metanium - avoid baby wipes completely as this will make it sting - use washable wipes - fleece ones would be most gentle. Also use a good barrier cream overnight maybe - vaseline is fine. You could also try a fleece soaker overnight as it will help the nappy breathe.

I found ds2 got this type of rash whenever I gave him citrus fruit - so maybe look at her diet if she is eating food!

Chulita Wed 04-Nov-09 10:29:35

Heh heh! She has developed an unhealthy love of mandarins grin I've found fleece liners give her a rash and she's allergic to Metanium. Wouldn't Vaseline clog up the nappy? I might give the washable wipes another go, I just haven't worked out what solution to wet them with, water doesn't seem enough!

elk4baby Sat 07-Nov-09 01:01:06

Try the Organic Babies Baby Salve on her little bum before putting the nappy on. We haven't seen the nappy rash in months now ; and it used to be pretty bad after a night in a wet nappy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now