Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which reusable training pants?

(7 Posts)
lmccrean Thu 16-Jun-05 12:33:02

Sorry if this has already been discussed - have serached for 20 minutes and havent been able to find opinions and Im running out of "naptime" to search for it.

Basically, I am wanting to start trainig dd in a few weeks but we go out a lot - in fact 6 days a week we are out, and it cant be avoided (we do volunteer work together and it takes a while to get there and home on buses-dont want any accidents there!)

What is the slimest, but most absorbant training pant, that I can use for travelling, and eventually bedtime?

And anyone tried the tot bots? Thinking about those for the rest of the time, but cant find any unbiased reviews. Any better ideas? I only want reusuable ones.

throckenholt Thu 16-Jun-05 12:38:47

I have the bright bots training pants. They are quite goof for small wees, and poos, but can't hold anything big .

They are cheap compared to most training pants - but not sure you wouldn't do just as well with ordinary pants.

throckenholt Thu 16-Jun-05 12:39:12

that should be good not goof

juuule Thu 16-Jun-05 12:51:50

What about Minki YoYos?

http://www.nappiesbyminki.co.uk/yoyos.htm

Not used them but am considering in a few months.
Anyone else use them and what do you think of them?

Kidstrack2 Thu 16-Jun-05 13:20:24

Glad this thread has been started! Hoping to train DD soon and was thinking about training pants too! My ds is 6 now but when I trained him at 2 I used Boots training pants with the printed animals on them. Think they cost 4.65 for one pair then. They did hold a lot of pee and he only done the other thing once and hated it so never done it again and that was him trained! However I still have a pair of the traning pants and think boots still does them but DD doesn't like the animals on them. So I am now searching for training pants for her!

alibubbles Thu 16-Jun-05 13:44:08

Message withdrawn

lmccrean Thu 16-Jun-05 22:47:56

juuule, I use the slinki minkis at the moment, and I LOVE them. They are my absolute favourite, and my daughters. For that reason, I am not using them, as Im worried they are too similar. However, I can imagine that they would be very good if they hadnt be used before, cause you could stuff them as much or as little as you like....damn, now im really annoyed at myself for using them sooner! I had planned to keep using the slinkis, but she has had a growth spurt recently

alibubbles, I was looking at those this afternoon - is the outer the rubber type or a breathable one? And how many do you have, and how much would you like for them?

Hopefully she wont wet at all, but I have this horrible image of walking through town and feeling a wet trickle down my back (I still use a carrier)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: