Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training and reusable nappies

(5 Posts)
missorinoco Mon 02-Nov-09 14:44:05

We aren't there yet, but DS occasionally asks to use a potty. It takes a minute or so to get the whole shaboodle off (wrap, nappy, nippa and liner). Currently I think he asks to sit on the potty after he's done a wee, but at this rate he will struggle to hold it in if he hasn't.

Those of you who have potty trained in cloth, any tips?

TIA

redclover79 Mon 02-Nov-09 16:06:02

Bare bums here! Started off with a couple of hours in the morning then built up from there. You can also get reuseable potty training nappies like Minki Yoyo and Brightbots, motherease also do one but tbh ds2 found them confusing and peed in them thinking they were normal nappies!
The only downside is ds2 now takes trousers and pants completely off before sitting on the potty...

Octothechildherder Mon 02-Nov-09 20:12:46

Personally I wouldn't buy nappies specially for toilet training - would either wear pants or nappies and take them off - they need to learn to wait to get to toilet/take down pants anyway so taking nappy off shouldn't really make a difference. My ds3 has had two attempts at training but not great lol! My second was easy - first terrible!

LittlePants Tue 03-Nov-09 07:59:31

I agree, bare bums is best and easiest, but if you really want to stick to something, just something that will pull up and down easily - Pockets Bots do some really bice pull up trainer panr=ts, which are really just pull up pocket nappies, as they poper off (in case of major accidents!) and you can make as absorbent or non absorbent as you need to.

missorinoco Tue 03-Nov-09 14:01:12

Thankyou everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now