Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Messy....

(7 Posts)
guyshahar Mon 02-Nov-09 12:13:31

Hi there

Our DS (aged 10 weeks) has poo right up to the back of his neck quite often when we change his nappy. It happens with both Tesco and Pampers nappies, and we have tried different sizes to make sure this is not the problem.

It has happened over the past 2-3 weeks - before that there was no problem, and we are sure that we are putting the nappies on correctly.

Does anyone else have this experience or know what might be going on?

Oksana

JetLi Mon 02-Nov-09 20:42:18

We get this lots with DD. Delightful isn't it? grin I regularly have to wipe her shoulder blades.
I find Nature Babycare nappies to be quite good at poo containment, but none are poo proof. I use the Vanish bar on the inevitable (BF) poo stains on her clothes. DD has an utterly charming habit of groaning and grunting when she poo's so often I can catch her before it explodes out of the back.

NappyShedSal Mon 02-Nov-09 20:46:50

Use washables!! They have elastic at the back (what a novel idea huh!!). You will be washing nappies, but you won't be washing clothes. You can get lots of advice on here about washable nappies, and at only 10 weeks you will certainly get full use out of them, and save yourself between £1000 and £1200.

Octothechildherder Mon 02-Nov-09 20:56:32

Disposables are completely useless for poo containment - buy some cloth nappies or hire a trial kit.

caen Mon 02-Nov-09 20:57:08

Washables were the only thing that contained it for me (and for my daughter ;) )

KnitterInTheNW Mon 02-Nov-09 21:01:34

We never had a single up to the neck incident with asda's own nappies.

LittlePants Tue 03-Nov-09 07:56:15

Disposables are all-in-one nappies. The all-in-one system is definitely the least efficient. Use a 2 part washable system (separate nappy and wrap, or if you really must stock to disposables, get some washabe wraps to go over the top of the disposable, to make it ito a 2 part system. IMO Nature Babies classic wraps are amongst the best for back elastic! But to be honest, if you use washable napies, you probably won't have much more washing than if you don't as you won't have to wash all the baby's clothes every time she poos!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now