Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Reuseables for night-time heavy wetter...

(10 Posts)
PurpleCrazyHorse Sun 01-Nov-09 02:14:35

I'm using small Itti Bitti SIOs during the day on DD but we need to change/check on them every two hours or so as she's quite a heavy wetter. I don't want to buy extra Itti Bitti boosters for them as she's currently in the small size and I expect she'll need to move up to mediums soon (got a preloved medium on its way for sizing!). She's 10wks and 13+lbs. For her comfort and my convenience I'm currently using disposables at night because she can sleep 4-5hrs. Previously she's soaked herself and the crib (this was at 5-6wks old when I first started using them) - they were done up tight and we tried a few popper combinations. I suspect gravity was playing a part as leaked back and back of legs.

However, we really want to be 100% reuseable but don't know where to start. What I need to know from all you experienced MNers is... what is a good absorbent nappy that won't leak when she's lying down over night?

Please also let me know all the extras I'll need too (as don't quite get which ones need liners and wraps - hence getting Itti Bittis!).

All your help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

PurpleCrazyHorse Sun 01-Nov-09 04:29:41

Sorry, just seen this very similar thread...

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/nappies_potty_training_etc/850632-Recommendation-for-the-Most-Absorbant-Nappy-I n-The-World-please

swampster Sun 01-Nov-09 10:09:32

I'd get some snap in boosters for the Ittis if were you - you will need them later anyway for your mediums (and larges!) eventually.

For night nappies, go straight to some goodies like the ones on that other thread. And I've found fleece or wool wraps/soakers/longies/shorties are way nicer than PUL for nights.

PurpleCrazyHorse Sun 01-Nov-09 21:01:40

PUL?

swampster Sun 01-Nov-09 21:26:05

grin Polyurethane Laminate - rubbery stuff!

Octothewetbagpacker Sun 01-Nov-09 23:12:55

I have started using fleece soakers overnight and has been a revelation after 8 years in cloth and total scepticism over its effectiveness!

Would personally use lollipop softee or bamboo nappy - lollipop/bambinex/tots with fleece soaker - like pumpkin pants or bebesnuggles.

PurpleCrazyHorse Tue 03-Nov-09 23:43:39

Thanks so much, been busy ordering a trial kit from the lovely people at BabyKind, hoping it will arrive tomorrow!

Trialing the following...
> Motherease sandy's bamboo
> tots bots bamboozle
> huggle
> wonderoos
> fuzzi bunz
> blueberry bamboo
> blueberry minky

With the following wraps:
> motherease rikki wrap
> motherease airflow
> tots bots fleece wrap

Hoping to find something suitable, ideally that will see DD through to potty training and that I can also pick up preloved.

So exciting... I've been bitten by the reuseables bug grin

JABULA Fri 06-Nov-09 23:12:26

Might also be worth trying something like upsy daisy night nappy. Also weenotions nn are v good and is what i use most of the time. Bedbugs are my fav (but expensive)

elk4baby Sat 07-Nov-09 00:58:35

We're using Upsy Daisy french soy nappies (=night nappies?!) and the Wee Notions Night Notions.
I have to say that the Upsy Daisy are a bit of a pain to 'put together' - the insert that goes into the pocket is quiet fiddly to fold and then stuff evenly.
The Wee Notions I think are much better; the inserts are simple and go in no problem, no folding no trying to even/flatten the nappy. They hold an enormous amount (my LO is an olympic champion when it comes to night time soaking).
We use a Motherease Rikki wrap on top and so far no leaks !

PurpleCrazyHorse Mon 09-Nov-09 13:38:02

Thanks. Liking all of them so far grin but DD is now in 3-6 month babygros because the nappies are so large! Will investigate Wee Notions too.

All ground to a halt at the mo though and back on disposables as washer-dryer broken (eek)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now