Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nighttime nappy - leakage!

(8 Posts)
vivaone Thu 29-Oct-09 17:28:17

hiya
my son wears a huggies superdry at night, but a couple fo times a week he wakes up around 5am soaking wet, all up his back. Nto sure why this is as most nights they are fine. I guess on the nights it leaks he is just weeing more!!!
Does anyone else have this problem and have you found 'the perfect nighttime nappy'??!!!

thanks

Indith Thu 29-Oct-09 17:41:59

I'm a cloth fan as you can add lots of padding! However, those are the ones I tend to use if using sposies and sometimes have the same thing, I tend to put a wrap over the nappy, like you would a cloth nappy and it helps to contain it. Sometimes they just wee while in a funny position and it goes up the back or out of the side. Sometimes I've found a child soaking wet but the nappy doesn't look like it has been weed in! You can get cheap plastic pants from Boots I think, you'd only need one or 2 pairs, just rinse and dry after use.

Octothebigblackscaryspider Thu 29-Oct-09 18:29:19

You could add a fleece cover over your disp to repel any escapee wee! Try bebesnuggles.

kid Thu 29-Oct-09 18:32:12

I remember having this with both of my DC. The solution I found was to get the next size up, even if just for the night time wear.

vivaone Fri 30-Oct-09 13:21:27

thanks guys, will try the next size up he is a couple of lbs away from it but its worth a shot! Happened again last night! will also lookat the napper protector things too

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Fri 30-Oct-09 13:27:37

We've been having this all week - DS can hold it for longer now, so when he does go there's a lot more volume and I don't think it all gets absorbed.

Tempted to try a couple of fleecy wraps, but they're expensive aren't they?

soupmaker Fri 30-Oct-09 16:02:11

I am a disposable user blush and rarely have a dry DD in the morning. I too am fed up with soggy grobags! We use Nature nappies but they just don't cut it at night. DD is 20mo and seems to wee about 2 pints a night so nappy always full. Have tried various brands and so far the best of them is Asda's own, but I can smell the horrible chemicals in 'em sad. Will be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas. Been wondering about using a wrap at night and might try that.

LittlePants Sat 31-Oct-09 08:01:36

If you really want to stick with disposables, you could try boosting with an extra pad.

There are some on ebay ATM.

I would realy recommend cloth for overnighting though, with a wool wrap, as you can boost that as much as you need. You'll have a large bummed baby, but it really doesn't matter for overnighting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now