Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Boosters for Bumbles - which type are best?

(18 Posts)
JennyWren Wed 28-Oct-09 22:08:36

My DS is obviously a heavier wetter than his big sister! I love our Bumbles but we need some extra boosters - definitely at night now, and probably during the day too, once he (and his bladder) gets a bit bigger. I'm a bit lost for choice though - there seem to be so many! I'd like good absorbency, OK to wash at 60 degrees with the rest of the nappies, and ideally no more than 24/36 hours max to dry on the airer. And tumble dry-able at a push. I can see bamboo, hemp, microfibre and cotton - which are best???

Please help a mum in distress blush

thisisyesterday Wed 28-Oct-09 22:14:11

i've always just used the terry ones. or a muslin folded up

mumskullface Wed 28-Oct-09 22:22:48

Easy Peasy hemp, V.absorbent but slim so don't take too long to dry. Try Nappyweb or easy peasy site.

JennyWren Wed 28-Oct-09 22:23:31

A muslin certainly won't cut it, I'm afraid. I've started using the standard booster from a second nappy (three layers of terry) pushed into the nappy pocket, so we have seven layers in total, and it still isn't enough - his bottom is still clammy in the morning because the terry is soaked through. I am wondering if one of the other fabrics will be more absorbent, but I don't know how big the impact will be on drying times. Ideally I would buy some of each to test them, but that could be a very expensive process!

thisisyesterday Wed 28-Oct-09 22:27:30

ahhh. well mine are usually clammy in the morning too, i think that's just a side-effect of being in cloth tbh!

thisisyesterday Wed 28-Oct-09 22:27:44

as long as it isn't leaking i'm happy lol

Octothebigblackscaryspider Wed 28-Oct-09 22:30:03

the lollipop hourglass bamboo boosters are good.

JennyWren Wed 28-Oct-09 22:39:14

Does bamboo take forever to dry? I'm torn between hemp and bamboo, I think - although maybe microfibre for daytime... I just can't make up my mind! I do think I need something more, because the clamminess is a new thing, and he's getting a sore bottom

thisisyesterday Wed 28-Oct-09 22:39:52

bamboo and hemp both take ages to dry, but if you have plenty then it shouldn't be a problem

Octothebigblackscaryspider Wed 28-Oct-09 22:42:18

Get fleece topped ones then - dry & extra absorbency

JennyWren Wed 28-Oct-09 22:46:10

Bumbles already have a fleece liner, and you stuff between that and the fleece backing, so a fleece-topped one might be a problem - too much fleece?

Octothebigblackscaryspider Thu 29-Oct-09 08:14:37

what about a wellsoft one - dry quickly - I have had varying success with these - the ones that come in the pop n gros are good.

LittlePants Fri 30-Oct-09 15:46:50

Not quick drying, so this may not be any use, but the EcoEarth (Babeco) bamboo night time pad is just so thirsty it isn't true! Does take AGES to dry though, but then if you're only using one a day, it's not so bad! But you can use it inside or outside the nappy, (inside the wrap of course!) so you get a good fit

MrsBadger Fri 30-Oct-09 16:12:49

I have Bumbles too, and use a hemp one in the pocket (think they are Easypeasy, they are two layers that unfold for quick drying) and an extra towelling booster from another Bumble between the nappy and wrap.

dd does look a bit like a Weeble, but no leaks.

CarGirl Fri 30-Oct-09 16:23:19

what about buy some bamboo flat terries like this

www.ecoearthnappies.com/showproduct.php?org_id=12851&product_id=9131

Chop in half and then fold them up to make boosters, dry quickly and absorbant.

I used a microfibre booster in addition to the terry snap in booster with my bumbles for my heavy wetter with air flow wraps.

rusmum Sat 31-Oct-09 20:11:33

i use prefolds in mine

fragola Sun 01-Nov-09 17:43:12

I use bambinex bamboo boosters. They don't seem to take that much longer to dry than cotton ones.

JennyWren Sun 01-Nov-09 20:23:59

So much choice!!! I finally crumpled and have ordered some hemp, some bamboo, and some microfibre grin

I figure I'll try them all! Thanks everyone for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now