Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Need a bigger nappy bucket but can only find small ones, help!

(13 Posts)
naughtystepforme Wed 28-Oct-09 10:23:53

I have a standard size 14L lidded nappy bucket but it just doesn't cut the mustard anymore, I need a bigger one but I can't find one anywhere.

Anyone know where I can get one? I tried Lollipop but no joy, all the others I've seen online are the standard size ones.

Help!

BertieBotts Wed 28-Oct-09 10:47:50

Use a small flip-lid or pedal bin.

ziggyf Wed 28-Oct-09 11:29:11

You could try a monkey foot bag - Octo sells them (Nappy Wardrobe). They zip closed so no smells, have a waterproof lining and they look lovely. The extra large ones fit quite a few nappies in them.

HTH
Z x

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Wed 28-Oct-09 11:31:12

I use a bin I got from pets at home. It is meant to store cat food or litter in. I have 2 in nappies and it is perfect size. Can fit 1-2 wash loads in it. I hate the tiny ones that come with sets of nappies.

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Wed 28-Oct-09 11:33:20

ziggy - I do them too. I do love them but I think they only contain about the same amount as a nappy bucket.

jacyjwc Wed 28-Oct-09 11:34:47

I have been having this problem recently. I used to have the 14L one for normal nappies, and a slighly smaller one for wraps, coloured nappies etc (ones that couldn't be washed at 60) but now I just use that as an overflow bucket if the main one is full to the brim.

Sorry, that is not very useful I know!

DH has an annoying habit of just putting an used nappy on top of the nappies in the full bucket and then just putting the lid 'balanced' on top of the nappies (so no sealed down lid basically). Have told him that there's no point having a lid if he does this hmm

naughtystepforme Wed 28-Oct-09 18:23:15

JennyPenny I'll go to Pets At Home then, that sounds perfect.

I already have two MonkeyFoot bags and love them but I need something much bigger I'm afraid.

I did try a regular pedal bin but because the lids don't really seal well it got a bit smelly...

Thanks all

CarGirl Wed 28-Oct-09 18:26:17

We had one in the nursery for the wet ones and then one in the bathroom where we flushed off the poo. Worked much better - only realised after number 2 was in cloth but better late than never!

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Wed 28-Oct-09 20:35:53

I have just looked on pets at home website and it isn't on there. Might be just in store though as its pretty big? Hope they still sell it!

LittlePants Wed 28-Oct-09 21:25:28

The best thing I ever found was a beer brewing barrel - lovely and bog, with a really good seal, and cheap as dirt! Try Wilkinsons!

Octothebigblackscaryspider Wed 28-Oct-09 22:06:39

You need a 20 litre bin - aka a twin bin! I sued to recommend these all the time - try somewhere like wilkinsons - or B&Q - lots of them come with metal closing handles aswell.

Wiggletastic Wed 28-Oct-09 22:22:39

I had exactly the same problem so I got a white flip lid bin from Ikea, can't remember the name but they come in three sizes and I got the middle size. It takes a whole wash load of nappies. Cost about £6.

naughtystepforme Thu 29-Oct-09 09:52:47

Thanks guys, I have tried Wilkinsons but couldn't find anything with a decent closing lid, will try Pets at Home and B&Q. Failing that maybe I could persuade DH that we need a trip to Ikea... unlikely methinks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now