Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Recommendation for the Most Absorbant Nappy In The World please!

(10 Posts)
MrsMotMot Tue 27-Oct-09 14:35:20

Hello-
DS is 11 months and has been in Little Lamb microfibre nappies (with booster) and Motherease airflow wraps with no problems. But lately they just don't seem to be lasting the night... they are saturated and I'm washing grobags like mad! He's in disposables at night which I'd rather not do... anyone know of any really absorbant nappies/tips/tricks?! TIA

eggontoast Tue 27-Oct-09 15:46:25

Bamboo - I used terry with a fleece lining in day - not absorbent enough for night. Bamboo is extremely absorbent and lasted.

swampster Tue 27-Oct-09 20:41:25

Sounds like you could do with a proper night nappy - Holden's Landing Bedbugs, Wee Notions Night Notions, baby Beehinds bamboos, Upsy Daisy...

Or just boost, boost and boost some more - stick your boosters between the nappy and the wrap and try something really absorbent like bamboo or hemp - microfibre is like a sponge and moisture just squishes out eventually.

MrsMotMot Tue 27-Oct-09 22:04:55

Thanks very much- didn't know you could get night nappies, there's a local 2nd hand sale coming up this weekend so I now know what to look for! Thanks again.

LittlePants Wed 28-Oct-09 21:33:36

EcoEarth do some 'quick dry bamboo night time pads' which are amazingly absorbent if you just want a booster. You can use them inside the nappy or between the nappy and the wrap. Why they call them quick dry I don't know though, as they certainly aren't that, but they are amazingly absorbent!

WhatFreshBLOODIsThis Wed 28-Oct-09 21:48:20

DS2 is a supersoaker and he is currently lasting the night in a Bamboozle, boosted with a bamboo trifold booster from the Close Parent Popin nappies (you can buy them separately to the nappies) under a Motherease wrap. Fleece liner to keep his skin dry. Gives him a huge bum, but works!

MrsMotMot Thu 29-Oct-09 13:15:37

Ok thanks ladies, I shall add your recommendations to my shopping list this weekend! Am determined to get him out of the disposables, which are absolutely puffed up and weigh a ton in the morning so supersoaker he is... might have something to do with the constant night feeding...

Octothebigblackscaryspider Thu 29-Oct-09 20:17:39

you could also try a fleece cover overnight

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Fri 30-Oct-09 14:23:58

ours was always the ellas house bumhugger with a bamboo insert in the pocket on a night. It could hold any amountof pee thrown at it! Covered with a fleece wrap or wool it was bombproof!

fragola Sat 31-Oct-09 11:38:51

We use Motherease Sandies bamboo, with bamboo booster at night. Never had a leak!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now