Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Want to start potty training Ds but can't remember where to start

(6 Posts)
nutcracker Tue 14-Jun-05 13:50:46

Ok I managed to potty train dd1 and 2 without to much of a prob, both were clean and dry day and night by 2.9.

Ds is now 2.6 and I want to start trying to potty train him. He isn't keen on the potty but will ask to sit on the toilet and so I have been sitting him on at bath time or whenever he asks. However apart from a little dribble he hasn't yet done anything.

Also he doesn't like pants, have brought him two lots but he says 'no like them, too big' (there not).

So any hints and tips gratefully recieved please

oliveoil Tue 14-Jun-05 14:18:09

Can you not cast your mind back and remember the horrors of the previous ones? I did potty training recently with dd1 and apart from a few days of continually cleaning up pi$$, it wasn't too bad.

No tips, I just muddled through but someone else may have.

x

nutcracker Tue 14-Jun-05 14:22:11

God knows why but i just don't seem to be able to remember.

Should i just start sitting him on the toilet regulalrly or, putting him straight in pants or not or what ??

Arrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Oh and is it generally harder or easier to train boys ?

lucy5 Tue 14-Jun-05 14:25:15

Dont know about boys but with dd just used t let her run round knickerless, didnt bother with a potty just encouraged the toilet. After the frredom of no nappy at home, she soon got fed up with nappies when were out. what about pants with tweenies on or whatever he likes to encourage him.

sniff Tue 14-Jun-05 16:18:01

it a bit gross but we used to put tissue paper or something in the potty to watch what happens when he pees on it they liked the game and used the potty

ambrosia Tue 14-Jun-05 16:37:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now