Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

wet in the morning in MEOS Need some ideas pleeese!!!

(12 Posts)
tarantula Tue 14-Jun-05 11:13:02

Dd is 17 mnths and up till last week all has been fine. At night we use a MEOS nappy with a micro fibre cloth inside and that was fine but over the past week shes been waking up in the mornings wet all over. We havent changed the nappy or the wrap or the way we wash anything it just seems that dd is weeing much more at night and the nappy cant cope. Anyone got any bright ideas on what we can use to deal with this?

TIA

tarantula Tue 14-Jun-05 11:54:07

Anyone???? Dps getting a bit fed up of so much washing. Cheers

Laura032004 Tue 14-Jun-05 11:56:22

Has she started drinking more this week with the hotter weather? Have you tried a different wrap - maybe that one has reached the end of it's life?

You could try two microfibre cloths? Or another form of booster. Remember that if adding the cloth inside the nappy is making the nappy too tight, then you can always boost in between the nappy and the wrap.

FWIW, we've got MEOS and Tots, and an unbleached Tots (in size 3 for nighttime) will beat a MEOS handsdown for absorbency potential IMO.

HTH

tarantula Tue 14-Jun-05 12:16:15

yes it is possible that she is drinking more in the evenings. also noticed that she doesnt seem to go for a wee in the evenings as she has her nappy off quite alot now that the weather is fine. I might have to try with an extra cloth in her nappy and see how that goes. We dont have tots as we dont have a tumble drier and we need the nappies to dry quite quickly otherwise Id invest in a few. Cheers Laura

giraffeski Tue 14-Jun-05 12:25:57

Message withdrawn

pootlepod Tue 14-Jun-05 12:45:53

Also check your vests/sleepsuits/pj's, I tend to get wicking when I need to go the next size up.

tassis Tue 14-Jun-05 12:58:04

My friend (who also uses ME)had a similar problem recently and she bought the next size of wraps and is now sorted.

NannyL Tue 14-Jun-05 19:37:44

Ive always thought MEOS seem very 'unabsorbant' compared to other nappies that ive used!

when in the older size i look at them and think can they REALLY cope with more than 1 wee? (yes i know they can!)

why not investe in a couple of tots bots ? ME sandys or other shaped nappies which when you look at and feel do seem to be able to hold soo much more!

Either that or add another booster!

Feffi Tue 14-Jun-05 21:56:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vkone Wed 15-Jun-05 08:58:04

Can I suggest a terry square - I've always used Tots but went on hols with some terries and they make brilliant night nappies. Just pad fold (or use Jo fold) with a wrap to hold them on and they are as absorbant as any Tots and alot easier to clean and dry.

Instructions for a good pad fold can be found at the Nappy Lady or at Kittykins. We use them with Tots fleece wraps but Rikkis are perfect for this too.

HTH, Mia

tarantula Wed 15-Jun-05 09:50:58

Well Ive just rung dp and her nappy didnt leak last night which is good. Seems to be a combination of two things. Firstly I took her to the park last night so she was wearing a nappy till just before bedtime (we normally take it off for a couple of hours) and it was wet when I took it off so I think she is starting to hold her wee when she hasnt got a nappy on. Also I put her wrap on a bit tighter. Its a large airflow wrap and I put it on the tightest popper setting on the legs as I had moved her up to middle setting a few weeks ago.

I think Ill have to invest in some more liner tho and a few terry squares sound like a good idea too. Id like some tots but they expensive and we are broke atm and Id need quite a few to get them dry in time as have no tumbledrier.

Cheers everyone for your help

LeahE Wed 15-Jun-05 19:52:00

You could try a fleece wrap over the top at night instead of your normal PUL one -- you'd probably only need two as if they work properly they don't get wet (something to do with air circulation, I believe, but seems like magic). They do help tokeep the nappy itself drier (although I've never tried with MEOS).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now