Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Being green on holiday - how can I do it?

(5 Posts)
Ellie295 Fri 23-Oct-09 16:17:18

I am a new real nappy user, and am totally sold on using reuables (just need to stock up on some more!!).

I have a dilemma: I am planning to go away for a month and would like to be green while I am away, but not sure what to do. I live in Italy, and am returning to the UK for a long visit. Should I take my reusables with me? I am conscious of how much room they would take up in my case!

What are the green alternatives for me in the UK? I don't really want to spend loads buying reusables to keep there, and I'd like to use something other than non-green traditional disposables.

Any ideas? All tips appreciated - any idea of cost and where to get nappies would be great!

Ta
Ellie

Octothebigblackscaryspider Fri 23-Oct-09 17:28:06

Take them with you!

moocowme Fri 23-Oct-09 20:18:57

i took 10 nappies with me long haul for 6 weeks. DS was allowed 10kg of his own luggage that was hardly used at all so nappies fitted nicely.

i used disposables while flying as i thinks its ok in that situation and while away washed every second day. i did have a couple of days where i sued disposables again while travelling to see other relatives.

if i did face the dilema of not being able to fit them in when coming home i rationalised this by thinking i would post whatever did not fit with the money saved by not having to use disposables the whole time.

swampster Fri 23-Oct-09 22:10:36

Once you are in the UK take the opportunity to pick up a few Itti Bitti snap in ones with extra inserts. Outers dry really quickly so extra inserts are a must. Sooooooooo trim they take up next to no space. Perfect excuse for pure fluffy gorgeousness! grin

purplesal Fri 23-Oct-09 22:59:32

I have a set of secondhand Onelife nappies and I'm sure I can find a set of wraps too, that I am selling. I could post them to wherever you are going first. I only want £20 for them, plus postage will probably be £4 to £5. Would that be an option?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now