Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tots Bots Easyfit Fluffle vs. Bumgenius 3.0 - help!

(3 Posts)
Ellie295 Fri 23-Oct-09 16:08:46

Hello all!

I am new to real nappies (and to this site!), and after a demonstration of Bumgenius nappies, decided to buy a few to try. I ordered 6 but the online shop I bought from only had 5 and they offered to put one in from a brand of my choice, so I chose Tots Bots Easyfit Fluffle.

Now I am trying out these nappies, and we are on day 3. So far, the Bumgenius ones are really working out well as they do not leak, and the lining seems dry while the insert absorbs all the liquids. However, there are some negative points, namely:
- they leave red marks on my baby's skin (I have put him on medium setting which seems to reduce the marks - he is only 2 months old)
- they take a long time to dry in the dryer compared to TotsBots
-they are pretty bulky
- they are more expensive and not as pretty as Tots Bots

The Tots Bots on the other hand don't leave marks on the skin, are cheaper, less bulky, easier to put on, and look nicer! But they have leaked so far 2 out of 3 times. Maybe I am doing something wrong?! I have only used the fluffle part and not the booster, so I am going to give the booster a try and see what happens.

Does anyone with more nappy experience than me have any recommendations? Or if the BG come out tops, where can I get them online (new only) cheaply?

Thanks for any advice!!
Ellie

Octothebigblackscaryspider Fri 23-Oct-09 17:27:11

The fluffle one needs a good 5 washes to get it to absorbency - th leg holes are a bit big which may cause you problems.

Personally wouldn't use either of these as am a two parter girl!

purplesal Fri 23-Oct-09 22:55:10

I don't like either BG or Easifit. I especially don't like Easifit as I think the outer wrap is really plasticky and teh leg elastic is very harsh.

If you like teh idea of quick-drying all-in-ones then I'd recommend a Po-in DreamDri by Close Parent or a Lollipop Pop'n'Gro. But if you think a BG is bulky then I don't think you'll like the Pop'n'Gro. But remember babies are bigger for alot longer than they are small.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now