Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bumgenius tips please!!

(3 Posts)
annaspans Tue 20-Oct-09 18:26:49

I've just spent my RNfL voucher on some Bumgenius nappies for my 4.5 month old. Irony of ironies, despite the fact she only poos about every three days, within five minutes of me putting on the nappy, she had an enormous explosion which not only wasn't confined to the disposable liner but came shooting out of the top of the nappy at the front and round the sides.

I obviously put it on far too loose but also I think must have put the liner in the wrong position... Any tips on how to get a leak-free fit? I know washing them improves the absorbency but we didn't even get as far as seeing how it copes with pee grin

Thanks!

Octothechildherder Tue 20-Oct-09 19:23:05

I would suggest making sure that they are poppered to the right size and then getting a fit which has about a finger space in the tummy = like you do with a car seat strap. Liners should be placed towards the back - if still doing very explosive poo - may be better without them as poo has a tendency to rebound off them!!

annaspans Tue 20-Oct-09 22:28:25

Thanks! I'll give that a go...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now