Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

reusable nappy advice and recommendations please

(7 Posts)
LittleB Tue 20-Oct-09 12:59:54

Just decided to start TTC DC2 soon, and I want some advise about new reusables! dd is now 4.5 so has been out of nappies for a while, I had her in motherease which I brought cheaply from someone who'd given up using them, I also had a minki huggle, tots bot and wee notion which I loved and a bamboo one - can't remeber the make which I didn't - it was too hard. But I never managed to get dd happy in reusables at night and I'd like to get it right this time. I din't put her in reusables until she was about 11wks as the motherease seemed huge on her, she was 6lb10 at birth (I did use a bambino mio wrap with folded muslins in sporadically but I only had one wrap). When I did get her into reusables she wouldn't settle in them at night as they were too bulky. When she was older I tried and she leaked, she's a heavy nightime wetter - I even tried with a couple of boosters and she still leaked! (she even leaked from dispsables occasionally - I used to put a wrap on over her disposables).
So this time I'd like recommendations for comfy abosorable nappies for nightime use and gorgeous good nappies for the daytime! and nappies to use when they are tiny. I know I'm not even pregnant yet but I am so broody and love the planning and looking forward to it, and hope to buy most nappies second hand so will need a while to accumulate them. I sold all my nappies to a friend a couple of years ago when we weren't planning on having a DC2, so excited that we now will and can't wait to get gorgeous nappies again!

Octothechildherder Tue 20-Oct-09 15:01:32

I would get xs sandys and weenotions wraps for all the time.

purplesal Tue 20-Oct-09 21:09:38

XS Sandys are lovely.So are Bimbles and Diddy Diapers for small babies. Then you could go onto a nice BTP nappy. My "solid, functonal" nappy is Onelife - well made, slim fitting, realtively quick drying, and cheap as it's a BTP. But I am also selling loads (shed-loads!!!) of Lollipop POp'n'Gros - which would also work very well overnight as they come with 2 absorbent boosters and are soft and snuggly next to the skin.

Babybots Tue 20-Oct-09 22:12:31

I'd go with the Nature Babies Diddy or Micro Diddy with a Classic wrap for newborn. The Micro is the slimmest of the two.

Then yes id agree to go on to a one size or all in one such as bumg/ fuzzi/ coolababy/ itti etc all reliable for days. Stick with 2 parters and a very good wrap for night times. (I'd swap to a bamboo nappy like a little lamb for over night)

LittleB Wed 21-Oct-09 16:24:59

Thanks thats really helpful. I'll google lots of those and look into them. I thoughtthey'd be some new brands around since i had dd. I love the names too - micro diddy and bimbles sound cute. But whats BTP stand for?

puddock Wed 21-Oct-09 16:26:54

birth-to-potty!

LittleB Thu 22-Oct-09 15:14:32

Of course! Thanks puddocksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now