Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Oh help, oh no, it's the stinkalo! (Ideas please on how to sew/tape/superglue child into nappy)

(24 Posts)
fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 10:24:44

We had a laugh yesterday morning, my DH and I. Little DS was quiet as a mouse in his deep dark bedroom and we thought he was sleeping in. When we ventured in at around 10 we discovered a terrible monster with a terrible grin, totally nappyless - wee covering his skin! (And his sheets his matress, teddybear, doggy and kangaroo) He'd taken off his nappy and all his clothes too!

So this morning naively I left him silent again until suspicion arose at sometime around ten...

This time to my horror (and I let out a scream) I found a STINKALO!!! Oh if only it were a dream...

<<How do I get poo off a matress? and Do I have to resort to duct tape?>>

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 10:29:22

(well at least writing that cheered me up! )

bran Mon 13-Jun-05 10:31:04

Someone suggested recently putting the sleepsuit on backwards so that it's harder to open.

colditz Mon 13-Jun-05 10:31:40

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear

Don't have any suggestions about how to keep him in his nappy, but for shifting the poo, I suggest you buy some "pet stain" removal stuff, which should have enzymes in designed to work of faeces.

colditz Mon 13-Jun-05 10:32:16

You could sew him in for the night and unpick it in the morning?

bran Mon 13-Jun-05 10:32:35

How old is your ds? I'm just wondering if that's in store for me or if my ds (12 mths) has already passed the danger zone.

I think if I found a pooey matress I'd just go back to bed and send dh.

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 10:33:19

At the moment I really fancy spraying everything in his room (including him) with enough Dettol to drown an elephant! Pet Stain... right. *sigh*!!

flamesparrow Mon 13-Jun-05 10:35:38

The only thing that worked for us was nappy wraps for cloth nappies (even on the days she was in disposables).

I had ones that did up with poppers down the sides, and she couldn't suss how to undo em

No idea about mattress poo though....

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 10:36:05

He's 15 months (mwahahaha [evil grin])... he wasn't actually in a sleepsuit, he's going through a messy phase and they're all in the wash/drying... the night before he was in some soft shorts and a t-shirt... and then I put him in some soft dungarees and a vest suit in the hope he wouldn't get in, but he did!!

beansmum Mon 13-Jun-05 10:36:27

I would be happy to put up with poo everywhere if it meant I got to sleep in until 10!

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 10:37:15

I think I will sew him in just for the cruelty factor..

Tommy Mon 13-Jun-05 10:38:18

You could try him in pull ups - we had to do this with DS1 - before he was the age of pulling them up IYSWIM! There's no sticky tabs to undo. We used to put him in a pull up at night and ordinaly nappies in the day.

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 13:59:58

I was thinking of trying pull-ups but DH is adamant that they'll be easier to pull off lol... if he does it tomorrow I'm leaving the poo for DH to clean up!

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 14:00:25

(Still not got it off by the way, he has poo like cement!)

jojo76 Mon 13-Jun-05 16:45:09

hahahaa, poor you what a nightmare, but i enjoyed your rhyme though, if he does it again will you write us another one?

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 16:46:41

I might write a rhyming kids book about a poo monster or something... lol

just about got the poo stains out of the mattress, although it's not looking it's best... but have to leave it alone or it won't dry in time for bed!

jojo76 Mon 13-Jun-05 16:51:42

kids would love that, they seem to love anything revolting lol! Step away from the mattress now, fastasleep!!!

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 16:52:22

Twiglett Mon 13-Jun-05 16:55:09

gaffer tape

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 16:55:54

Told you I was having a pooey day Twig lol

Twiglett Mon 13-Jun-05 18:47:18

A stinkalo .. what's a stinkalo
A stinkalo .. why don't you know

His nappy is bulging and hangs down low
His gait is uneven as he sways to and fro
He comes with a smell, with a grin and a fart
And creeps up on mummy and gives her a start

flamesparrow Mon 13-Jun-05 19:55:45

Lol Twiglett!

How bored are you???

giraffeski Mon 13-Jun-05 20:13:26

Message withdrawn

fastasleep Tue 14-Jun-05 10:32:30

great poem, Twig we should write a book together lol!

DS did that the other night too, he was there with dungarees on (last resort clothing) and a vest suit and pulled the nappy from under them!... Thankfully he didn't do it this morning and I found him grinning sweetly and playing with his toys, rather than his poop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now