Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I'm so excited - I have just started using my two week trial pack from Boocoo.......

(9 Posts)
puffylovett Sun 18-Oct-09 19:27:02

Luuuuuurve the look of some of the nappies. They're so cute, and it's so nice to finally get my hands on some after reading about them for the last 9 months grin

So DS2 is quite a heavy wetter. We have used 3 of the nappies so far today, the Bumgenius which was good but big. The Itti Bitti D'Lish which was great absorbency and looked gorgeous. and the Tots Flexitot which was a bit pants for absorbency, which surprised me but which felt lovely and soft and was easy to put on.

Can't wait to try out the others smile

hairymelons Sun 18-Oct-09 19:36:36

Bumgenius are great but we found them a bit small for DS- grew out of them at 10 months old, were supposed to last to 2 years. Fab nappies though, we'll use 'em again.

puffylovett Sun 18-Oct-09 21:31:30

ooh that's a bit worrying, if DS2 is anything like his brother (and he's the same size DS1 was at 5 weeks now, and he's only 2 weeks old hmm) we'd be in trouble with the Bumgenius, and definitely the Ittis. As I've read on some of these threads that they come up small...

Octothechildherder Mon 19-Oct-09 13:06:09

puffylovett - my 2 1/2 year old can wear BG - alot of babies get a bit chubster before they start moving around and are eating - so it seems the nappies own't fit but they do slim down when they are mobile and will fit.

There is a new btp flexitot out with fluffle on the inner booster which will help it dry quicker. I found itti bitti a bit small but lots of people have worn them up to age 3.

hairymelons Mon 19-Oct-09 14:39:12

That's true actually, he can fit into trousers at 16mo that wouldn't get past his enormous thighs at 10mo. I'll dig them out again

puffylovett Mon 19-Oct-09 22:06:03

I do really like the bumgenius. It was the first nappy out of the lot that we tried.

Did't get on too well with the Motherease Sandys, not sure if I had it done up too tight and with the wrong wrap. Initially when I put it on I thought it was cute but then poor DS2 was left quite marked !

Still - we will try again smile

The Itti Bitti is still my fave... I'm not too big a fan of the one size nappies at the moment, but then DS2 is only 2 weeks old grin

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Wed 21-Oct-09 13:32:00

puffy - onesize nappies do usually seem to big till around 3months or more.

I love ME sandys on small babies! They are lovely!

With the heavy wetting score - at about 3 months you should notice a difference as their bladders mature (or something like that hmm) and can concentrate wee a bit more. Can't remember ecactly what but it does help. My DD2 out weed everything in the first couple of months but is fine now.

puffylovett Thu 22-Oct-09 09:37:45

Jenny - I figured they would, the babies are just so teeny after all. My mother thinks I am insane because I just love big cloth bums.

I really like the Nature babies Big Softie and loveable as well - they dry really fast and stay very soft despite our hard water and lack of tumble dryer. My old tots bots from DS1 are absolutely rock solid, although I have seen some tips on here to soften them up.

Maybe I need to try the bigger Sandys - they just take longer to dry, which puts me off the bamboo version & I hadn't planned to use real nappies overnight, although I may change my mind once I'm into the routine of using them smile

I am turning into a serious addict hmm. I think I have read every single thread on here and trawled all the different nappy sites umpteen times grin

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Fri 23-Oct-09 22:27:31

If you want to borrow a bamboo sandys to try for night time, let me know smile But they do take AGES to dry.

Feel free to CAT me if you want any advice on any of them. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now