Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

£25 to spend - Tots Easyfit, Wonderoos, Itti Bitti D'lish or Blueberry one-size?

(11 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Wed 14-Oct-09 22:07:09

Evening Was hoping to pick your collective brains. My local council has recently decided to offer something other than cotton Totsbots in its nappy scheme grin I now have £25 to spend on the above-named nappies.

DD is currently mainly in BumGenius, with the occasional Easy Peasy Eco-bumble or Lollipop pocket on washing days. I tried a lot blush of nappies and BGs are by far my favourite so far - loving the convenience and fast drying time. I did have a couple of P'tit Dessous Mini-Maxis but didn't get on with the poppers as I found that DD kept bursting them open. For this reason I'm wondering if I should avoid the Wonderoos and Itti Bittis. The Tots look pretty but cotton Tots have put me off a bit (so fiddly etc). The Blueberries are pretty but so expensive - can they really be worth it?

Any advice gratefully received

babyicebean Wed 14-Oct-09 22:23:12

I had a couple of blueberries and they were fab.

Think I still have them around somewhere.

purplesal Wed 14-Oct-09 22:55:57

I would go for a Lollipop Pop'n'Gro or 2!

tutu100 Wed 14-Oct-09 23:01:39

I think I have totsbots pockets. They are a pocket nappy and they came with a bamboo insert. I can't tell what the difference between them and the easyfit are.

Anyway. I really like them. They are a good fit on ds2 and very easy to put on. The only downside I find is that where ds2 is an incredibly heavy wetter they tend to only last a couple of hours on him, but I could try boosting them more. Ihaven't tried itti's or blueberries, but have tried wonderoos and didn't get on with those. BG bought ds2 out in a terrible rash so never use them anymore.

I'd got for the tots.

DitaVonCheese Wed 14-Oct-09 23:44:15

Thanks for the replies

BIB the Blueberries are lovely - I'm just not sure they are twice-as-expensive lovely!

Purplesal I don't think the Lollipops are an option. The website I can buy from is here.

Tutu What did you like about Wonderoos? I'm thinking a Tot and an Itti Bitti at the moment, though it's tempting to get some more BGs in pretty colours (I love the brights but only have pastels).

mumface Thu 15-Oct-09 09:44:42

2 Itti Bitti would win hands down for me. We never have leaks, easy to put on, pretty, you can get extra inserts for about £6 to get more use out of them. Only problem is not a big enough size for a big 2 year old but great up til then.

purplesal Thu 15-Oct-09 16:46:17

Dita - why can you only buy them from one place??

tutu100 Thu 15-Oct-09 21:01:40

I found that the wonderoos always leaked out the legs which I think was because the frilly bit round the leg opening wicked moisture onto ds2's clothes. I only have one which I bought for ds1 and only ever used on the large setting and it was fine for him but poppered down smaller for ds2 it has never worked.

Ds2 does wee far more than ds1 did so I've kept it to try again when he is bigger and it doesn't have to be poppered smaller to see if that makes a difference.

I have to say though I really do love my tots pockets. I find it really easy to get a good fit and the stay dry lining is different to any other. Ds2 comes out in a real bad rash in bg, but never in tots.

fragola Thu 15-Oct-09 22:21:25

I found Wonderoos absolutely useless. They always leek around the legs because of the way the fleece lining is stitched to the outer. Initially I thought it might be because they were poppered down to newborn size, but ds is now 1 and they're still terrible.

DitaVonCheese Thu 15-Oct-09 22:45:01

Fab, thanks - an Itti Bitti and a Tots duly ordered for testing (and then I get another voucher to spend - hoorah!).

purple It's the way my local scheme works - they only use two suppliers, but it's a massive improvement from when I actually had DD, when they only used one and all they sold were cotton Tots!

Octothechildherder Mon 19-Oct-09 13:08:35

I would avoid wonderoos - blueberries are nice but expensive - bumgenius are good sellers but I think there are better nappies - personally prefer two parters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now