Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How many do I need???

(9 Posts)
GuernseyFrench Tue 13-Oct-09 18:11:16

Hi,
I'm looking to get some reusable nappies but wonder how many I need? Some website sell packs of 24 other packs of 15...
I am lost!
How many did you get to start?
Thanks for your help

GF

purplesal Tue 13-Oct-09 18:16:00

I am a nappy advisor. I always recommend 20. In teh "olden days" our mums and grandmas would have bought 2 dozen terry squares, but 20 is fine. 20 works on a 3 day washing cycle - once the initial weeks are over and is a full nappy load. You can get away with maybe buying 15, especially if your baby is a bit older, and wash every 2 days but you may need to find a few extra bits and pieces to make up a full washing load.

Do contact me if you'd like any further advice.

Octothechildherder Tue 13-Oct-09 19:53:58

I agree with purplesal - have you thoguth about what type/types of nappies to buy?

swampster Tue 13-Oct-09 23:55:18

For most of us here it isn't so much need as want! Don't buy a pack of anything - have a look around at what is available and try a few of what you fancy. When you know what works well for you, buy a few more.

GuernseyFrench Wed 14-Oct-09 17:46:51

Octothechildherder I am thinking of getting the Bumgenius one size v3

swampster my problem is that where I live the choice is limited so i need to order via the net and take into account the delivery fees

purplesal thanks

purplesal Wed 14-Oct-09 18:18:10

Do you live in Guernsey? There is a really lovely Lollipop Advisor on Guernsey. Her name is Denise Prosser. She'll b eable to show you a good range and put an order in for you.

GuernseyFrench Wed 14-Oct-09 18:43:02

Purplesal, many thanks for this, I'll contact her!

swampster Wed 14-Oct-09 19:04:25

That purple one is a bit of a guru!

Octothechildherder Wed 14-Oct-09 21:06:34

If you are on guernsey - denise will be a great help to you - she will be able to show you all the different nappies and figure out what suits you best.

BG are a good nappy - very popular but there are lots more on the market which once you see them you may prefer. They are also bringing out new nappies, as are totsbots - and there is a lovely new pocket nappy called a mini la la (((patterns are gorgeous)))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now