Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Chamomile tea is fab!!!!!!!!!

(7 Posts)
Mirage Fri 10-Jun-05 20:23:07

3wk old dd2 had developed awful nappy rash & we had tried Metanium/sudocrem/kamillosan all to no avail.I read a tip somewhere about using chamomile tea at every nappy change & it worked a treat.I couldn't believe the difference it made in just 24 hours,it has virtually all healed up now.I can highly reccomend it.

chicagomum Fri 10-Jun-05 20:47:49

do tell more when you say "use chamomile tea" what do you mean exactly - my ds has developed nappy rash during a bout of teething and i prefer usung more natural substances (mainly being using kamillosan)

eidsvold Sat 11-Jun-05 08:11:36

make up a cup of chamomile tea and let it steep. Use that tea when cooled and a cloth to wipe her bum. That is how I make mine.... assume it is the same.

flamesparrow Sat 11-Jun-05 08:50:09

Honey in the tea too can work wonders as well (although some children have a reaction to the honey, so you might need to be armed with water to wash it off )

jojo76 Sat 11-Jun-05 13:10:53

what a great tip! I guess you could decant some in a spray bottle and use with washable wipes when out too.....I use wipes when were out, but Im convinced they make ds's bottom sore so i wanted an alternative, im going to try this!

Mirage Sat 11-Jun-05 21:34:06

chicagomum,I made my 'tea' up the way eidsvold describes it & keep it in a screw top bottle or jar.It lasts for ages & is cheaper & gentler than wipes.

Flamesparrow,I thought about adding honey to it,but had visions of me trying to remove a sticky mess off dd's bum! Does it get sticky when the tea cools down?

jojo76-hope it works for your ds too-I felt like crying when I saw how sore dd was,bless her.

eidsvold Sun 12-Jun-05 10:38:21

When out and about - I would just use a small plastic container/ziploc bag with them already damp in iykwim. I have a travel huggies plastic container and use that for my other wipes.

I made mine up and added a couple of drops of lavendar oil ( idea from another mumsnetter) then poured it into a wipes container ( you know like the green pampers ones you get) and then soak the wipes in. I use the Aus equivalent of jay cloths robust. Mine are called Chux robust. I bought three packs of three and then cut them into wipe size. I think out of 9 chux I got over 100 wipes. Just throw them in with dd2's cloth nappies wash them and start again. Last ages. I use them with both dds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now