Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Do we stay or do we go?

(2 Posts)
fletchie Fri 10-Jun-05 09:54:35

Hi everyone. Would like some advice please about potty training. Have begun today with my 27 month old little girl- the nappy fairy came last night baring gifts and took her nappies away!
But something has been nagging me a bit though - what do you do when out and about? Is it best to stay home bound for a few days or should we venture out and just keep fingers crossed? Any experiences/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

blossom2 Fri 10-Jun-05 09:59:55

i stayed at home for a few days so she got used to the sensation of wanting to go. The i just 'bite the bullet', got a portable potty (timee toppee), change of clothes and went out. First trips were about 20 mins, then i slowly extended the length of time we were out.

I made sure she tried on the potty before we went and then sat on the potty when we got back. Sometimes the sensation of cold-to-warm environments makes them want to go. We've had some funny accidents (in the middle of a clothes shop & had to buy some clothes) but generally it took a couple of months).

Good luck and remember its a 'process' and it doesn't happen overnight (at least for most people).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now