Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Motherease Sandys - good night nappies? And is £3 a good price?

(16 Posts)
Grumpla Thu 08-Oct-09 22:33:44

Saw some in my local baby shop secondhand for £3 and they have pretty good reviews. Do you think this is a good price? And would they need boosting for nights? My little boy is quite a heavy wetter at night and they already look relatively bulky.

swampster Thu 08-Oct-09 23:12:25

Cotton Sandy's are absolutely no good for nights (IMO), especially on a heavy wetter - they'd have to be boosted to within an inch of their lives. Bamboo ones would probably be better but haven't tried them.

I really love XS Sandy's on a tiny baby and small ones are quite sweet. But large ones are fairly unattractive. £3 is a pretty good price and they are a good day nappy.

Grumpla Thu 08-Oct-09 23:26:54

That's good to know. I don't think I will bother then, I have loads of day nappies already, just trying to find a less bulky solution for nights as at the moment I am having to stuff so much in he can barely move his legs / change twice a night. I have been avoiding bamboo so far as I don't have a dryer but it does look like that might be a better option.

purplesal Fri 09-Oct-09 08:17:45

They would need boosting definitely but £3 is a good price. My original nappies were Sandys and they were used on 4 children and the're still in really good condition, so a good quality nappy.

colditz Fri 09-Oct-09 08:24:26

Have you tried microfibre cloths as boosters?

LittlePants Fri 09-Oct-09 08:44:12

Night nappies are always going to be bulky, but it doesn't really matter for looks. Comfort I agree is important, but I just doubled up the nappies for night time, and it worked fine. Bamboo is best though, and if you just got a few bamboo ones just for nights, and used the quicker drying options in the day, you may be able to cope with the drying.

Oh and wool or fleece wraps are better at night, as they waterproof without stopping evaporation, and also absorb to a degree, without getting outer clothes wet.

I love the Sweet Night nappy for nights myself, as the soaker opens out so well to dry, but you still get 12 layers of bamboo, with a waterproof fully breathable outside, and a polar fleece lining for comfort!

Grumpla Fri 09-Oct-09 10:31:12

Colditz - I'm using microfibre boosters during the day, I got two with each of my lollipop rainbow pockets so I use them with those and terrys / prefold with my terry fitted nappies. Once I start putting more than two in the nappies get pretty fat though as they are really fluffy. Do you think microfibre face cloth folded would do anything? I have a couple of those in a cupboard somewhere and they are quite flat, hadn't occurred to me to add them to the nappy stash!

LittlePants - I have found a lot of mentions of Sweet Nights on other forums but not many stockists, any recommendations of where to get hold of them?

JadedFluffLover Fri 09-Oct-09 10:37:22

Littlepants is the supplier, that's why she keeps plugging them everywhere.

alysonpeaches Fri 09-Oct-09 14:19:06

I really like Sandy's. I used size 1 bamboo for DD3 and loved them, but she outgrew them. I have some cotton Sandy's in large which DD2 (age 2) wears with a motherease booster during the day and motherease wrap of course, and we rarely have a leak. But for night time we have to have a huge pocket with loads of boosters.

What size are they? (I might want them!) £3 is very good, bamboo ones are £9.50 new and all Sandy's wash the best of all my nappies and retain their good looks.

Grumpla Fri 09-Oct-09 22:37:24

Alysonpeaches - They're cotton, looked like a size 2 or 3 as the labels were faded it was hard to tell but I didn't have a chance to inspect them properly. If you could measure up yours then I could compare sizes!

I'm going back to the shop to drop off some other bits for sale at some point next week so if they're still there I could get you a couple and post them to you at cost if you like? I'll be doing a couple of runs to the post office next week anyway so it's no bother. Or if you have any swaps maybe we could work something out?

alysonpeaches Fri 09-Oct-09 22:48:20

I would be if they were Sandy's large please. I think they only do small and large. The length on the large Sandy's when opened out is 16 inches (I suppose this is the rise, front to back). If you open out the back tabs and stretch them the distance between the two tabs is 17 inches. The dimensions of the bamboo ones might be different, it was a cotton one I measured.

Let me know, I can paypal or do a swap for some tots bots or whatever you want. Its probably less complicated if I pay you though.

alysonpeaches Fri 09-Oct-09 22:50:05

TBH if I was you I would try one on your little boy, perhaps with a booster, as at £3 a time, you will soon be able to sell them on.

Grumpla Fri 09-Oct-09 22:56:15

Right, you've persuaded me. I'll go and get them next week (if they're still there!)

fragola Sat 10-Oct-09 14:26:45

I use bamboo sandy's as night nappies with a bamboo booster. Never had a leak and they're lovely and soft and wear well. I hope they're still there!

alysonpeaches Sun 11-Oct-09 22:07:21

Well grumpla, I think you should go tomorrow and snap them up. I would if it was near me. Provided they arent grey mingers of course.

Octothechildherder Sun 11-Oct-09 22:22:00

I would buy them - I really like sandys - would be good with a wellsoft or fleece topped booster which would give you a drier layer aswell overnight. Bamboo sandys are great too. I haven't tried a sweet night nappy yet but have heard good things about them.

I would recommend them to everyone lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now