Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Trimmest fitting pocket / all in one?

(13 Posts)
EverySingleStar Thu 08-Oct-09 15:38:18

I don't want to mess with wraps or two-parts...

quite like the look of pockets and all-in-ones, several different brands though making my head spin!

Used Fuzzis on a baby at a nursery I worked at back in the day but they were quite big for her.

I want a very very slim, trim nappy without harsh seams on the legs - opinions?

mumface Thu 08-Oct-09 15:47:10

Itti Bitti, an AI2 but no more hassle than stuffing a pocket nappy. Really trim fitting, very soft.

EverySingleStar Thu 08-Oct-09 15:50:29

Thanks mum (hehe)

I thought Itti Bitti didn't sell in the UK? Do they sell in the US or only Aus does anyone know?

mumface Thu 08-Oct-09 15:54:31

They sell the snap in version at lots of websites see here
It's just the all-in-one version that is only available in Oz.

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Thu 08-Oct-09 20:09:12

itti bitts can be found at alot of uk retailers these days wink, they are really slim - if your after a onesize i always find bumgenius about the slimmest then if not onesize i was always a sucker for a happy heiny or a fuzzi bunz. Ahhhhh them were the days.....

EverySingleStar Thu 08-Oct-09 21:04:27

I'd really love the all-in-one Itti Bittis, I go through big phases of whether to use disposables or reusables and have decided I'll use reusables if they're just as easy as disposables blush - horrible I know.

Is there anyone I could call to see if they would purchase them from Oz?

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Thu 08-Oct-09 21:23:38

i thought twinkle on the web sold them but just looked and couldnt see them - was totally shock at pics of her warehouse though!

LittlePants Thu 08-Oct-09 21:39:14

Tirsokas pockets are about the slimmest fitting, lightest weight pocket ever, as the inner is CoolMax rather than fleece. They are long in the rise, and an especially good fit on tall babies. Side snaps as well, which are always slimmer fitting.

purplesal Fri 09-Oct-09 08:21:57

But, to be honest, if you found Fuzzis to be bulky, then these nappies suggested aren't going to be much less bulky. You need to remember that unless you want to change your baby every hour you need enough fabric to soak up the wee - there are no gels or crystals to do the job!

Octothechildherder Mon 12-Oct-09 17:48:31

Lollipop do a new nappy called GroBaby which is quite nice - worth a look - expensive but slim and birth to potty. Fuzzis are a slim nappy with inserts in - what was stuffed into the pockets of the one you saw?

swampster Tue 13-Oct-09 13:50:05

ESS, I think the AI2 Ittis are just as slim as the AIOs with the added benefit that they snap apart and therefore dry more quickly. And if they are just weed in, you can reuse the outer and just snap in clean inserts. AIOs make more sense in Australia - quicker drying that UK. Best price for Ittis is probably still Babybots.

elkiedee Wed 14-Oct-09 19:22:51

I've just started using cloth nappies over the last few weeks with ds2 (from about 7 months) - various sorts and we still use some disposables. I think my one Itti is really easy, snapping in the inserts is actually simpler than putting the Bumgenius ones back together, there are colour coded poppers and I don't wonder if I'm doing it right as I do with BG. I take apart all the bits of pockets and the Itti for washing and drying. I do wash the Itti every time I use it not just the inserts, but it dries so quickly I think I might get extra inserts as well as more Ittis because then I don't have to wait for the inserts to dry before I can reuse them.

Octothechildherder Wed 14-Oct-09 21:08:40

ooh elkiedee - I must get onto the april 2007 thread and catch up with who has had more babies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now