Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What's the best fleece wrap?

(50 Posts)
alysonpeaches Wed 07-Oct-09 16:13:06

Both girls both have fleece overnight now. I have a tots fleece wrap for my one year old and a nature babies multiwrap for the two year old.

Ive decided I need a few more, which do you rate?

Octothechildherder Wed 07-Oct-09 16:44:54

OOh there are so many - a new one that looks good is made by bebesnuggles - cool patterns - not sure how well they work as yet to try one.

mumface Wed 07-Oct-09 19:49:18

Bebesnuggles look very similar to the Debbies nappies fleece soakers I have, they are brilliant, also very reasonable priced at £4.50-£5.50. Look at Nappyweb and The Nappy Garden for fleece soakers.
I also like my Nappies by Minki fleece velcro wrap but twice the price.

alysonpeaches Wed 07-Oct-09 20:05:49

Are fleece soakers the ones with little ribbed legs? Do the leg ribbings get wet? The fleeces they wear are worn with sleepsuits so dont want anything that will wick. Will have a look at those sites.

I had a minki for my older two, I found them rather bulky.

Octothechildherder Wed 07-Oct-09 20:12:41

I have put ds3 in a fleece cover for the first time overnight - have spare clothes on standby ... hmm I know everyone says they are great but despite 8 years of cloth nappies I have never braved it! Can I be converted??!! hmm grin

mumface Wed 07-Oct-09 20:20:28

The waist/leg cuffs are also fleece so do not wick. The Minki wrap is bulky, I have left inside poppers undone on sleepsuit tonight but it's the same with wool. I need some nighties for him!

swampster Wed 07-Oct-09 21:00:16

Bulky but GOSH I love my Stacinator! Otherwise, Sugar Peas fleeces are just beautiful.

swampster Wed 07-Oct-09 21:24:09

I wouldn't DREAM of using PUL at night any more - you simply don't get that sodden, steaming pile of piss that you get with PUL when you use fleece or wool.

alysonpeaches Wed 07-Oct-09 22:03:00

A graphic picture there from swampster.

Thanks for your recommendations. I will look at stacinator and sugar peas. I had a sugar peas wool wrap for DD1 but I sold it as I couldnt get on with it.

Good luck octo, did you add an extra booster? I must admit, the fleece wrap on DD2 is more insurance, as its over a fuzzi bunz with four boosters in. But with the youngest, its just over a bamboozle with booster.

I noticed that some fleece seems thicker than others, the red fleece on the nature babies multiwrap is definitely thicker than the tots wrap.

Octothechildherder Wed 07-Oct-09 22:13:45

shit we're screwed!

A lollipop softee with a fuzzi insert and a tots spotty cover .. why oh why did I think it was a good idea ... hmmm will go check wetness!

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 07-Oct-09 22:18:11

Think shell suit in jacuzzi and that's pul, although it does depend on what's underneath. Bamboo tends not to have that 'what's that smell' hmm that you get with some other materials, especially at night/

Agree with Swampster re: Sugar peas fleece. Didn't ever have a leak.

alysonpeaches Wed 07-Oct-09 22:41:23

Cant find stockist for stacinator/sugar peas. Any ideas?

Not the end of the world octo. I went through this a short while ago when I couldnt find a night time nappy for DD2 and we kept having to change the bed, pjs, pillowcase etc. You may recall the post. The extra large fuzzi does it with 4 boosters, but because of the 4 boosters the legs are gapey hence the wrap.

The little un still gets a night feed so she is quite a decent wetter though, but the boosted bamboozle does it, no pul required with fleece. Sometimes her suit feels moist in a morning but not soaking.

swampster Wed 07-Oct-09 22:55:13

I just sold two Stacinators and ilovemydog just sold a Sugar Peas fleece!

Nappyzone has some Stacinators if you can see beyond the soppy prints and patterns, performancewise they are the Airflows of the fleece world. I have the leopard ones - very Flintstones.

I adore Sugar Peas but it is harder to get them to work well with a bulky night nappy as they are so streamlined and elegant. I like them over BBH bamboos.

I had a Nature Babies Multiwrap once but I didn't get on with it and we parted ways quite quickly.

Weenotions fleece wraps sound lovely and you can build your own which is fun. But I prefer wool so use fleece less and I really cannot justify getting one

LittlePants Thu 08-Oct-09 08:12:25

If you like fleece overnight, have a look at the Sweet Night nappy. It's an AI2, with 12 layers of bamboo poppered into a waterproof fleece outer. The soaker oprns out flat to dry, so although it's bamboo, it's not that slow drying. Gorgeous soft bamboo as well. Same fabric as the p'tits dessous bamboo inserts for pocket nappies I think. Not cheap. but if you get an extra soaker or 2 to pop into the fleece, not too bad at all, and a great night nappy!

swampster Thu 08-Oct-09 11:48:39

Does it also work as a wrap or does it have to be an AI2? Only ever been happy with two-parters at night so wouldn't dream of using an AI2. Though they do look quite nice.

alysonpeaches Thu 08-Oct-09 13:18:55

Didnt mean to but just bought two stacinator wraps. I never intended to buy one because I thought the name was silly grin it just sort of happened. I was able to get a pink flowers one for the eldest girl but the younger one needs a large and they only had snowman, so she has a snowman one.

I think I did the right thing, I prefer two parters full stop, like swampster.

Octothechildherder Thu 08-Oct-09 20:00:59

ALERT ALERT ALERT SUCCESS ALERT grin No leaks at all grin Back in it tonight grin

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Thu 08-Oct-09 20:06:44

Oooooooo i love fleece for a night - i know wool is the miracle thing but i found it too much a chew when ds inevitably had a poo leak and i could never remember how to lanolise blush! I have just been trying to source some more stacinator fleece and am waiting nice lady getting back to me so in the meantime i am getting back in some drybees pocket fleeces . I found the red tots bots fleece ok being the thicker of the deisgns but a big runner inthe wash resulting in alot of pink nappies blush

alysonpeaches Thu 08-Oct-09 21:30:35

Great news Octo!

I ordered two stacinators (as you know NZ!)and the toddler one was out of stock, so if you find out a stockist let me know!

I know I can prob get another tots bots but I want something for the toddler too.

LittlePants Thu 08-Oct-09 21:36:24

*Sweet Nights* I guess you could use it as just a wrap, n=but they are only sold with a pop on soaker included. You can buy extra soakers, but I don't think you can buy the outer part on its own

alysonpeaches Thu 08-Oct-09 22:25:34

Anyone used an Eccobots fleece, I noticed they have new ones on ebay but curious about fit etc.

alysonpeaches Sat 10-Oct-09 18:21:03

Ive bought a Debbies fleece wrap second hand to try it, and two nature babies multiwraps have just arrived in cream. I ordered them a while ago but the postal strike seems to have held them up. The fleece on the cream ones seems much thicker than on the red one which I bought previously. Trying out tonigh.

I do admit the sweet night nappy looks nice, but Im not keen on all in 2s.

alysonpeaches Sat 10-Oct-09 22:17:32

Tonight the nature babies multiwraps are on. They are absolutely huge (size 3) and even on the tightest waist setting there is a slight gape at waist. But the thighs are a good fit. Both my younger girls seem to have slim waists and fat thighs.

I didnt wash them before use. Youre not supposed to wash fleece wraps before use are you?

(visions of pss wet through cots x 2 at midnight)

alysonpeaches Sun 11-Oct-09 09:48:50

The wraps did very well no leaks, but DD2 had rings on thighs, which I wouldnt expecf from a fleece. Its because this one has pul leg gussets with binding. DD2 actually said "leg hurt" when I changed her, so its obviously enough to bother her. However, on DD3 is very prone to sore bottys overnight, and her bottom is in pristine condition today!

The search for the ultimate fleece wrap goes on.

Has anyone tried the Eccobots fleece or the funky nappy fleece both on ebay? They are probably WAHM wraps, or at least the latter is.

I cant wait for my stacinator.

swampster Sun 11-Oct-09 17:26:11

Ilovemydog just pointed me in the direction of Danicg Bears fleecies and they look pretty perfect. My finger wobbled for a minute but I have decided to follow the woolly road instead so I resisted.

Note to self: Stay Strong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now