Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Reusables dilema....

(15 Posts)
mumblecrumble Mon 05-Oct-09 21:49:09

OK so have been a happy cloth user [disposables in rare situations] since DD's birth - terry squares [dyed purple...] and wraps. Have had 2 sets of wraps 'newborn' - 9months and the set we have now which I think are medium.

DD is now 2 and the terries and wraps and getting a little tight....

SHe is showing signs of toileting soon but probably not till Jan/Feb.

Can;t bare the thought of shelling out money for next size up in wraps to only last 6 months or so.... but can;t bare the thoughts of filling up land fill either...

Any thoughts?

4andnotout Mon 05-Oct-09 21:52:00

Can you not just get some cheap large wraps to tide you over? If you are not bothered about preloved you could get some fairly cheap

paisleyleaf Mon 05-Oct-09 21:53:17

Might be worth giving her the opportunity to use the potty.
She might surprise you, and nothing lost.
Otherwise, 2nd hand wraps?

MrsCurly Mon 05-Oct-09 21:54:29

Presumably she will still be in nappies at night for a while yet so you will still need the next size up wraps.

Octothechildherder Mon 05-Oct-09 21:54:45

I would buy some second hand onelife or motherease rikki to last you - look on the classified board - usually lots of choice. Would go for decent second hand over cheap new!

I got two weenotions embroidered covers today and they are gorgeous but v expensive lol

mumblecrumble Mon 05-Oct-09 22:03:46

She is using the oilet now quite happily. She is beggining to be able to anticipate pooh and pumpos but not wees.....

Not ready yet and am in no way going to push it. She's done everything else her own way and done good so far!

Hmmmm... some preloved big wraps... will have a look.

I loathe paper fake nappies...

ilovemydogandmrobama Mon 05-Oct-09 22:06:35

Even if she does potty train soon, she probably won't be dry overnight immediately, so I would get a few size 2s.

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Tue 06-Oct-09 13:12:24

I MIGHT be able to find some that I can lend you FFP but it depends if I get the time to dig them out as it is a bit hectic here at the moment. So you just post them back to me when you have finished with them? Won't be anything fantasic, but functional!

jeee Tue 06-Oct-09 13:15:16

The plastic outers in Boots are extremely cheap. They're not robust, but they might just tide you over.

mumface Tue 06-Oct-09 17:30:18

The nappy shed (new so may not come up for a couple of days with google) have a secondhand section. There are 3 XL wraps on there for £7 ME and onelife.

rusmum Tue 13-Oct-09 20:45:13

i have 5 large plastic pants (boots ones)

elkiedee Wed 14-Oct-09 19:09:53

Do you use Freecycle or the local equivalent? (there's a bit of a split in Freecycle so you might have a local Freegle group or something instead). I have onesize and large wraps that I got off Freecycle here, but you could also put up a wanted ad.

luckysprog Sat 24-Oct-09 21:17:41

You can also make your own if you have a sewing machine... SO much cheaper. If you google "sew your own nappies" there are a few websites that sell PUL for wraps.

Octothebigblackscaryspider Sat 24-Oct-09 23:34:38

Even better if you have a sewing machine bought by your real nappy network!

Octothebigblackscaryspider Sun 25-Oct-09 00:53:27

Only joking lol grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now