Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Used Nappies back on the menu at ebay

(17 Posts)
LittlePants Sun 04-Oct-09 16:39:42

I've just found this

"Used cloth diapers can be sold, as long as the listing states clearly that the item has been cleaned per manufacturer standards."

They are still insisting that you accept PayPal as a method of payment though, and raking people off in charges - both ebay's and PayPal's.

Did you know that buyers are automatically protected when they pay with PayPal (even though the seller pays the charges) but sellers are only protected if they send items recorded signed for. This bumps up the postage cost, and PayPal's profits, and gets you slated in feedback ratings for charging too high postage charges on your seller dashboard?

The only winner with selling on ebay is ebay (Who own PayPal if you didn't already know!)

Sorry for the gripe - it just gets up my nose!!

Anyway, at least they've seen sense with selling used nappies again, although I think I'll stick with www.usednappies.co.uk It's far cheaper, and they don't have too many restricting rules!

oh thats good to know. I have a huge amount of size 2 barely used tot bots and wraps, want to stick as a bundle!

LittlePants Sun 04-Oct-09 19:26:53

Oh noooo! Hold everything!

Sorry ops: Scrap that! I somehow got put onto the ebay.com site! It appears nappies sold in dollars are OK if they've been used, but good old British ones are contaminated. Sorry if I got your hopes up there!

Damn, opened this thread all excited as I have a load to sell. Bummer!

Andlou Mon 05-Oct-09 13:49:23

Don't understand what's going on with this as there appear to be plenty of used nappies listed on eBay but I wasn't able to list mine. Is there anyone out there who can tell me the secret??

ilovemydogandmrobama Mon 05-Oct-09 13:50:50

Hint: if it says diaper probably US site. UK sites uses the term nappy

ChairmumMiaow Mon 05-Oct-09 13:52:12

lisa - sell them on there - what sort of tots bots are they? I'm looking for some more to see me through the winter without using the tumble drier!

I tried buying some fluffles recently but they got taken down

<<sneaks in>> I'm selling fluffles on the yahoo group...

ChairmumMiaow Mon 05-Oct-09 15:24:35

Jack - what yahoo group ?

There is a yahoo 'real nappies' group that was set up after nappylady stopped selling nappies through her sikte.

I have size 2 tot bot cottons, way too many, because i brought too many!

alysonpeaches Thu 08-Oct-09 13:22:39

I wish they would lift the ban, despite everything I find ebay and paypal really easy to use so dont mind paying.

You can buy used nappies on ebay, people advertise them on there and dont 'fess up about them being used. You can usually tell though.

SeveredPartOfTheHumphreysGroup Thu 08-Oct-09 13:36:17

Doh. I had my hopes up too, listed a load a couple of weeks ago (without realising you weren't supposed to) but they were taken down after a day or so, although one listing which didn't have 'nappy' in the description was missed, so that might be a way to get round it!

Have been procrastinating about spending £5 to sell them on here

alysonpeaches Thu 08-Oct-09 16:43:36

Oh no littlepants, youve introduced me to another nappy site, used nappies dot co dot uk. Ive already had to buy some. My overdraft is stretched to the limit!

Grumpla Thu 08-Oct-09 22:21:16

I have bought and (ssshhh!) sold used nappies on ebay. Look out for terms such as 'pre-loved' on items with no condition listing. I have now had another load removed though (grrr) so won't be risking again in case my account gets suspended.

LittlePants Fri 09-Oct-09 08:30:52

I discovered that last weekend, ebay sent a load of information to .co.uk sellers which was intended for .com sellers, so I guess that's how I got put onto the .com site! Which does explain my original error! Anyway, apparently American and Canadian used nappies are not as contaminated as British ones, as they allow used ones to be sold there! Mind you, what starts in ebay.com, very often follows to ebay.co.uk, so maybe it's coming!

stillfrazzled Tue 27-Oct-09 14:29:40

I believe that if you just don't tick the 'condition' box you might get away with it.

I've seen nappies described as 'washed and ready to use' as well. Didn't SAY used, just wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now