Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

General chat for cloth nappy users: Part 14 - The one where the house is so full of nappies there's nowhere to put the children

(995 Posts)
mumface Fri 02-Oct-09 12:57:54

Jump over here!

myjobismum Fri 02-Oct-09 13:02:26

hi grin

Well the WN medium with BB insert lasted 4 hours before started wicking onto cotton border, which is great seen as I change 3 hourly (unless she poos obviously!) anyway <left longer due to nap/lunch today, and also as an experiment!> Also despite feeling like I had done it up too tight - it hasn't left a mark anywhere on her, so very very pleased grin

She is in a swaddlebee pocket now <pale blue> with a hemp insert, terry insert and a thin cotton booster - I love this nappy, but it is a bit boring!

myjobismum Fri 02-Oct-09 13:03:15

Oh and I meant to ask Jenny how it was going for her with the new site?

LittlePants Fri 02-Oct-09 13:35:21

kmummy just posted your Tirsokas!
Poo on feet - that's baaaad!!! Still you'll know next time. Glad to hear the Tirsokas contained it anyway!

Makes you think how fragile life can be - that's really sad.

I have had a heart murmur for years, and it doesn't stop me doing anything, and chances are your LO's will seal itself anyway. I gather most childhood ones do. Don't feel guilty - there's nothing you could have done, even if you'd known!

Golly, this is hard jumping from thread to thread! Think I'll give up - going gozz-eyed!

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Fri 02-Oct-09 13:42:31

Site going well, gettting regular orders in and made some good local connections. My house is over run by coolababys though, hence the 10%off on the fleece pockets that are going on tonight.

Havent opened post today but pretty sure it is my rotary cutter and board for making fleece wipes, so that will be my job for tonight.

I have aSked on freecycle for a sewing machine, was hoping to get one so I can start making some double sided ones.

myjobismum Fri 02-Oct-09 13:53:05

Yay Jenny - great news! grin

kmummy Fri 02-Oct-09 14:07:53

Yey little pants, im very excited about trying it out!

NPD are you a midwife did i read, or am i being stupid blush my GD was a bit cack, on insulin for the last 10weeks, and in hospital on a sliding scale where i was very poorly....which reminds me i need to contact my hospital as now i can look back on it, my care was horrendus, just not sure where to start sad

Jenny, im worried about my wooly order, am getting some longies and soakers made, black with skulls on the back, the last pair i got made he had on for a week and there to short...learnt my lesson and will be adding a few inches on this time!

DD1 has his best friend coming over tonight, then were off to the fair, should be fun, kids + candy floss = MADNESS!

TheNattyTheHippy Fri 02-Oct-09 15:53:00

ah ha! there u all are!

Jabula Fri 02-Oct-09 16:59:49

Ah, here you all are! My little one has a heart murmur too, is v common in babies. She has to have hers checked when she is a year old again, so they obviously aren't that concerned.

Octothechildherder Fri 02-Oct-09 18:09:50

Hello - so Jenny - can you buy special cutters to cut out fleece? I did wonder how people did it lol Fleece collababys - are they fleece on the outside or pul covered in fleece or fleece inside (likely to be more combos lol) Yous site still says you are away btw!

DS3 fell asleep on floor - have just moved him into bed - not sure what to do with him!

Octothechildherder Fri 02-Oct-09 18:13:38

kmummy - have fun at the fair grin

myjobismum Fri 02-Oct-09 18:24:59

Octo - can you not just change his nappy whilst he sleeps and leave him in nappy and t-shirt just for tonight?

Octothechildherder Fri 02-Oct-09 18:31:13

Yes - my concern is he will wake up and be awake til dawn lol Will def need to change him though - he still has his shoes on. How tired must you be to sleep on the floor?! Bless him - does mean I get a nice quiet glass of wine while the others are at football!

myjobismum Fri 02-Oct-09 18:36:27

Bless him - both DS and DD have fallen asleep on the floor, so sweet - mind you there are time when I think I could easily fall asleep on the floor too! Enjoy your wine, hope you manage an easy change and resettle!

myjobismum Fri 02-Oct-09 18:38:11

Oh and also, I got your newsletter and so wish I had waited to get my large monkey foot now!!!!!! I am loving washable wipes grin - never mind!!! lol.

myjobismum Fri 02-Oct-09 18:39:23

hmm not very clear there, both DS and DD have fallen asleep on the floor before - they are not asleep now!

Octothechildherder Fri 02-Oct-09 18:47:33

bless myjob - will send wipes lol!

Octothechildherder Fri 02-Oct-09 18:58:25

email me though - need to match MN to RL!!

Octothechildherder Fri 02-Oct-09 19:13:43

Off for the night - catch up tomorrow smile

myjobismum Fri 02-Oct-09 19:19:53

Octo - no really, I'd feel much to blush and guilty to accept them! Where can I find your email address anyway as will need it next week to order and pa for the Butternut BG you have aside for me (plus anything else I can convince DH we need lol - also will I still be able to get 10% off even though it isn't listed on your site anymore? <confused> )

mumface Fri 02-Oct-09 19:25:43

Those who have me on FB, see my photo of Lewis asleep on playroom floor cuddling doggy smile Octo I added you on FB a couple of days ago. I hope I got the right person!

mumface Fri 02-Oct-09 19:27:42

Ah you found me! just checked e-mails!

myjobismum Fri 02-Oct-09 19:46:16

Jenny and Babybots - do you know when soakers will be in? I am planning on buying too so will get one from each of you if I can afford it wink we are away all next week, so if in stock on our return will be fab - no idea which size to get though <baffled>

4andnotout Fri 02-Oct-09 20:11:17

Evening all

Have been really busy the last few days, today i had a lovely day shopping with my mum and sister buying party frocks for the dd's and myself for a big party we are going to next weekend.

Octo how much are the pink cat patches?
I have another debbie's fleece soaker on the way, it was a bargainous £2.50 posted shock Just need some for dd4 now!

TheNattyTheHippy Fri 02-Oct-09 20:12:40

im sure i saw some spray landolin somewhere, does anyone know what i mean? and what site?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now